It's empty, but, I love it!

Powderblue85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! I myself just came back from a break.
rockwork looks good, only thing I’d suggest is maybe pull it a little further away from the back wall for flow and less possibility of dead spots, depending on the flow you’re going to have. Good luck with the new setup!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
welcome2.gif
Welcome! I love how the old folks used to pose with their tank. I know Paul B has a few of such photos. :)
lol! great observation! hehe

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

OP
OP
Detri50

Detri50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.
I like the one with the rock up on the other rock giving some open space but really the only opinion that matters is yours.
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com
I agree! I like it on the rock as well. My plan for the bottom right corner will be to buy a small rock with a mushroom/riccordia to create an island and contain them. As well as a Duncan. I have a couple months to ponder though haha.

OP
OP
Detri50

Detri50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! I myself just came back from a break.
rockwork looks good, only thing I’d suggest is maybe pull it a little further away from the back wall for flow and less possibility of dead spots, depending on the flow you’re going to have. Good luck with the new setup!
The Pic is deceiving, the scape is actually off the glass enough to pass the mag float by it. My plan, now after observing, is to buy a couple more rocks. Break them up for rubble and glue feet to the bottom of the existing scape to create a cave like look. And hopefully better flow.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to saltwater reefing!! :)

I have alway want to do a floating island reef in a cube.

OP
OP
Detri50

Detri50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update.

I am so figity. I can't wait until this is cycled so I have a reason to do maintenance/manage parameters. Haha. My hands want to be in the tank.

I just ordered a slew of upgrades for the tank. I tried to buy local as much as I could where available.

Sorry no pics, since there hasn't been any changes.

I bought, chamber one media basket. A back up/salt mixer sicce return pump. Another heater. Hydros x2 starter kit and ato kit. A maxspect 2k gyre with controller. And a fan to cool the water when the lights heat up the tank.

I planned to buy a light as well. I narrowed it down to 2 choices. I feel for the size and depth. An AI prime or a maxspect jump 65w will suit my needs. I'm leaning heavily towards maxspect, for price point and control. I am going to put sps in the tank. Just lower light ones like slimer monties and or birdsnest. Everything else will be fine. Undecided on uphilia or goneopora. Both are amazing.

Thanks Ron B.

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update.

I am so figity. I can't wait until this is cycled so I have a reason to do maintenance/manage parameters. Haha. My hands want to be in the tank.

I just ordered a slew of upgrades for the tank. I tried to buy local as much as I could where available.

Sorry no pics, since there hasn't been any changes.

I bought, chamber one media basket. A back up/salt mixer sicce return pump. Another heater. Hydros x2 starter kit and ato kit. A maxspect 2k gyre with controller. And a fan to cool the water when the lights heat up the tank.

I planned to buy a light as well. I narrowed it down to 2 choices. I feel for the size and depth. An AI prime or a maxspect jump 65w will suit my needs. I'm leaning heavily towards maxspect, fir price point and control. I am going to put sps in the tank. Just lower light ones like slider monies and or birdsnest. Everything else will be fine. Undecided on uphilia or goneopora. Both are amazing.

Thanks Ron B.
May I suggest posting a build thread, so that you can have a journal of your progress and It gives us a place to come and hang out and ask questions :) . Link after you post a thread with your build, copy the link for the build thread. Then you can go into you setting and add a link to get a build thread banner.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back