!!!IT'S THE TINKRO-BELLE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, the overwhelming response to my no namers pack last week certainly made it clear to me that there's plenty of interest in coral without names, or maybe just coral that's relatively cheap lol.

Whatever the case, as fun as it was, I was hit with the realization, that if my entire collection was cataloged without names, as "silly" and "ridicules" as they may be, I'd have an awful time trying to keep everything organized. I am sure of this. I mean it would be really tough to keep a few hundred acros in order based on loose color and structural descriptions, or rough stabs at positive species ID's. I mean it's not a database, I am a coral store plain and simple, but I definitely like the idea of trying to attach species names to everything I have, where ever possible, and plan on working harder on that. In fact, if anyone wants to help me try to pinpoint ID's of all my collection, I'll take all the help I can get. This is an area I have long admitted to being terrible at.

Anyway, for all the hostility towards naming coral and such, if I had to extract just one single positive notion from the "name game", it would easily be that it's a means to keep track of a larger inventory of similar (but different to the trained eye) pieces of Acropora. If, for no other redeeming qualities, this alone will keep me in "namegame" world.

So, without any further hoopla. Here's a new addition to the site I am calling Tinkro-Belle. But please feel free to call her simply, "Pink/purple Exquisita maybe, with yellow tips and green/yellow polyps". I'll know what you mean.

Blues shot

IMG_0878.jpg

and whites
IMG_0882-Edit-2.jpg

IMG_0882-Edit.jpg

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think you said it perfect Adam. Name game is simply to identify specific corals. Fancy names don’t mean fancy prices in all cases. I like that I can throw a name out there and other stick heads know what I’m looking for or can tell me it’s not that but similar. Or you can simply put it into your handy google search and find multiple pics of the “same” coral.

Another beautiful coral. Personally like the color pattern under whites better, but a looker under both for sure :)

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem I have with the name game is when they get a cool piece give it a cool name and charge 6 months of student loan payments for it. Your names are hilarious and show the fun side of the name game.

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another stunning coral Adam, I am glad that I was a part of all of the mess that you had in the great BattleBox that I received too, lol :p, get a grip man!!!;)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Another stunning coral Adam, I am glad that I was a part of all of the mess that you had in the great BattleBox that I received too, lol :p, get a grip man!!!;)

Ha hey thanks a lot man!

aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t tell my daughters the name of this one, they’ll make me get er...lol, really tho nice coral!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
See this is one thing I like about Battlecorals. He takes pictures of what corals really look like. Every store I go to they have it so BLUE that it's annoying.

hey, thanks a lot man I wouldn't do it any other way:)

Back