it's time to make a change

troutbum17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all -

I've been running a hydra 32 over a 45g jbj AIO for about 16 months now. the tank is SPS dominant, and some ups and downs in the first year really have me just getting into a grow out stage now.

Between what i imagine to be slower growth rates, the lenses melting on the hydra, and doing some more research (including the BRS lighting series), i feel ready to make a change from the single hydra32hd.

At a tank width of ~26" it feels like i'm sort of stuck in no-mans land of light fixture sizing - i'm curious for your all's opinions on any of these options:

- orphek icon (compact or regular)
- radion's - assume that the 30 is probably the size i need + to future proof for a potential tank upgrade down the line
- the ai blade multi strip approach intrigues me
- maybe combining those with the hydra?

Anyways, i realize this topic is beat to death at nauseum on here, so i do appreciate you all providing some more experienced opinions.

tom

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek because they have done right by me everytime. And they have big stuff coming out. An app etc.

If you can learn to solder you can fix their products. Giving it longevity. Had my bars for 2 years so far. Along with my kessils

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbreeders photon 24 v2? I just installed a 32 on a 36 inch tank using the BOT brackets and coverage is good and I love the panel vs pucks as the pucks seem to have more light spill and this tank is in our dining room. The app has worked fine for me also. I can't comment on growth tho as the tank is new.

Mystersynyster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek because they have done right by me everytime. And they have big stuff coming out. An app etc.

If you can learn to solder you can fix their products. Giving it longevity. Had my bars for 2 years so far. Along with my kessils
Agree my Orphek OR3 120's now that I have my osixx controller allowed me to pick the spectrum that I want with full control dimming, intensity and schedule.
20230304_162920.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back