OP
Iván Olalla

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PicsArt_05-28-09.33.13.jpg
A friend and fellow reefer visited me today and took some pics of the tank, makes me doubt my choice on my filter color, gotta love the polyp lab lens kit, for sure in my wish list!

OP
OP
Iván Olalla

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pico! How you threw all those colors in to that small tank is amazing.
Tks a lot Scott! I just went to my LFS and asked for a little bit of everything they had lol..... First i wanted only zoas and other softies, but i´m always trying new stuff and making changes, so if a coral looks good to me and i think the color and growth will compliment the aquaescape i just do a little search for husbandry and check it out, if i can keep it i buy it... lol

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tks a lot Scott! I just went to my LFS and asked for a little bit of everything they had lol..... First i wanted only zoas and other softies, but i´m always trying new stuff and making changes, so if a coral looks good to me and i think the color and growth will compliment the aquaescape i just do a little search for husbandry and check it out, if i can keep it i buy it... lol
Seems like the LFS in Mexico have some good stuff! And your husbandry must be spot on. To keep a packed pico must be a challenge. Keep posting pics!

OP
OP
Iván Olalla

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like the LFS in Mexico have some good stuff! And your husbandry must be spot on. To keep a packed pico must be a challenge. Keep posting pics!

Tks again! Actually the thing with the LFS was kind of a pun...we have a local club in a city near my location, we make frag swaps and bulk buys un order to obtain better prices and corals, it's not cheap, we deal almost with same pricing of US but hace to add taxes (around 20% on equipment) and special permits for coral importa, and due to currency value differences the hobbie in México is far from cheap.

Regarding the stability of water chemistry in the tank i think i'm in a very confortable position now, WC of 10% per week is fast and easy, i mix my salt once per month. The WC replenishes CA, MG and traces....i only dose alk daily, i was using kalk or bicarbonate premixed in my ATO container, but due to not having a fixed number of evaporation i started adding manually my alk, no big deal as i know my consumption. I'm currently waiting for a wifi doser i ordered which will help me with the daily task and keep the Dkh more stable trouhg the day. I clean the glass once a week with the WC and the biological filter i think is well balanced and mature since my nitrate never climbs above 10 ppm and phosphate remains around .03/.05 with just a little bag of GFO i change every 2 months.

So maintenance is quick and easy and leaves more time to watch the tank.

Regards

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back