James’s 29g Nano Build

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue light is flashing and I’m on the H selection and I’m hitting the center button and it’s not working.
Yeah. Sounds like a bad connection. Message NP is my bes
FINALLY got it pared sheesh. Now what, lol.
Go back to my build thread. Tells you how to program the timings and the intensities. Pretty simple now.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be...but you still got to put it on your time. The default setting was something like 8am to 6 PM
Oof, ok, definitely not my time, lol. I have mine from 7:00-10:00. Adjusting all the %’s is NOT going to be fun at all. There’s so many channels.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oof, ok, definitely not my time, lol. I have mine from 7:00-10:00. Adjusting all the %’s is NOT going to be fun at all. There’s so many channels.
It goes pretty quick once you get in the rhythm. Just make sure your first and last (1 and 8) settings are all at 0's on all channels so that it stays off completely during these times.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It goes pretty quick once you get in the rhythm. Just make sure your first and last (1 and 8) settings are all at 0's on all channels so that it stays off completely during these times.
Should I try to mimic the %’s of blues&whites from the black box to the K7?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Should I try to mimic the %’s of blues&whites from the black box to the K7?
How bright is it compared to the old box? IF very bright, ramp up time at 2 hours for 2 weeks. after that, 3 hours next week. Watch corals reaction, increase again by 1 hour next week.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There appears to be a VERY unfortunate side affect when you unplug the controller. Everything goes back to factory settings. I hope I just screwed something up..this would be a pretty annoying design issue if I have to keep this in and lose all settings for any type of power interuption

possible I factory reset

Last edited:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There appears to be a VERY unfortunate side affect when you unplug the controller. Everything goes back to factory settings. I hope I just screwed something up..this would be a pretty annoying design issue if I have to keep this in and lose all settings for any type of power interuption
Odd, i moved my remote from my computer to a usb port on my power strip. Nothing happened.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How bright is it compared to the old box? IF very bright, ramp up time at 2 hours for 2 weeks. after that, 3 hours next week. Watch corals reaction, increase again by 1 hour next week.
VERY bright, lol. Should I keep the factory SPS/LPS %’s and just change the ramp to 2 hours each?

possible I factory reset
Hate that. My black box is the same way, and that’s why I had all the coral bleached. When I left for MI for 4 days, we apparently had a power outage that completely reset my black box, causing it to be on 100% blues&whites for at least a day. When I came home everything looked awful. I’m super lucky the coral were able to recover as well as they did, but some lost lots of color. I’m hoping this light will bring some of that back!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VERY bright, lol. Should I keep the factory SPS/LPS %’s and just change the ramp to 2 hours each?

Hate that. My black box is the same way, and that’s why I had all the coral bleached. When I left for MI for 4 days, we apparently had a power outage that completely reset my black box, causing it to be on 100% blues&whites for at least a day. When I came home everything looked awful. I’m super lucky the coral were able to recover as well as they did, but some lost lots of color. I’m hoping this light will bring some of that back!
I think I might have re-initialized when I was trying to help you with your linking issues.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also wanted to mention that I’m starting to see better color, polyp extension, and green on the skeleton of the digi. It’s slowly getting better!

Should I remove the black box tomorrow morning and let the noop do it’s thing? (I would be at work so I wouldn’t be able to observe the coral, something I’m not really fond of)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back