James’s 29g Nano Build

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, so does it test for ALL parameters!?
It tests for most of the major parameters, but not every test possible, and, as @dvgyfresh mentioned, each is a separate test with a separate reagent like the current testers.

Parameters tested are Alkalinity, Calcium, Phosphate, High-range Nitrate, Low-range Nitrate, Nitrite, and... I forget the last one.

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It tests for most of the major parameters, but not every test possible, and, as @dvgyfresh mentioned, each is a separate test with a separate reagent like the current testers.

Parameters tested are Alkalinity, Calcium, Phosphate, High-range Nitrate, Low-range Nitrate, Nitrite, and... I forget the last one.
I like it for the logging feature alone keeps tracks of things nicely

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you can make use of the light :) So far I am loving mine.
Mine came in the mail today, and so far I am LOVING it. I haven’t delved too deep into customizing the spectrum, but the LPS preset is gorgeous, it looks so much better than my AI Prime (which also looks great), I don’t know if I’m going to change the spectrum too much. I think using the SPS/LPS setting might be too much for my tank (the LPS setting is already quite a bit more than the AI Prime running at around 65% total power - 34watts). I’m hoping I can avoid having to dial it down because I really like the way it looks as is. I will say that I hate the controller, it’s not very user friendly or intuitive, but it works. Overall I’m really liking it so far!

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@James_O P.S. Watch the video!
...or maybe you already have just now.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine came in the mail today, and so far I am LOVING it. I haven’t delved too deep into customizing the spectrum, but the LPS preset is gorgeous, it looks so much better than my AI Prime (which also looks great), I don’t know if I’m going to change the spectrum too much. I think using the SPS/LPS setting might be too much for my tank (the LPS setting is already quite a bit more than the AI Prime running at around 65% total power - 34watts). I’m hoping I can avoid having to dial it down because I really like the way it looks as is. I will say that I hate the controller, it’s not very user friendly or intuitive, but it works. Overall I’m really liking it so far!
I don't mind the controller for the price tag on the setup. Now if it were around 400.... I would want more out of it. I understand programming is expensive. You look at these high end lights with wifi, those are a cost increase. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people are going to fight with it trying to figure it out. We have james here trying to turn the controller on and pair it to the light. Things don't fully make sense.

The power out put.... If these hold up for a year. That alone would make them well worth every penny! My aquarium is 60"L x 18"w x 24" h. Three lights over those dimensions I already get insane numbers for sps settings. I'll do monthly par readings to compare.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whew after a few days of reeding on an off I finally read thru the whole thing! As a newbie reefer that I am, it’s great seeing the transitions of your tank an will be following along for more!
Thank you kindly! It’s been a journey.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t realize the digi actually started to encrust!!
2255B82B-60F7-40F0-8EE6-6931DC99E125.jpeg
67AF66CE-AC13-4C4D-9965-F6EBB61ED8D8.jpeg
5F965CBB-ADD0-468F-AB60-021BA8905481.jpeg
FD2D0827-0394-4DD0-A0E8-78BEAC9BA842.jpeg
605228C1-AB2B-489D-A885-3134C44EFA3E.jpeg

(should be able to do a hood clean this afternoon :rolleyes: )

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals are delicate little princesses yes, but they’re tougher than you think. The digi can handle it and will thank you for it in the long run.
Gotcha. I’ll do that as soon as I get the chance.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back