OP
OP
Ultra Aquatics

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy to post that I have decided on an upgrade! I've been in contact with Miracles to build a new tank, dimensions will be 72x36x25 Eurobraced with Starphire on 3 panels and a Reef Savvy Ghost Overflow. Will definitely be starting a new build thread for that so stay tuned!

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to post that I have decided on an upgrade! I've been in contact with Miracles to build a new tank, dimensions will be 72x36x25 Eurobraced with Starphire on 3 panels and a Reef Savvy Ghost Overflow. Will definitely be starting a new build thread for that so stay tuned!
Post the link here so I can follow when you do start a new one. You have some nice acros going! I'm curious did your bryopsis ever come back after the reef flux was used?

OP
OP
Ultra Aquatics

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Post the link here so I can follow when you do start a new one. You have some nice acros going! I'm curious did your bryopsis ever come back after the reef flux was used?
Will do! Nope bryopsis was gone for good, I lost a few corals during the treatment and it took a while to get things healthy again but it was worth it.

OP
OP
Ultra Aquatics

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so my Reeflo Swordtail needs a seal kit BADLY, just ordered one, hopefully it gets here soon :eek:
AF63E8AA-161F-455F-A981-0664ED9286DC.jpeg

OP
OP
Ultra Aquatics

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So today I finally got around to changing the seals on my Reeflo pump. It’s safe to say I never want to do this again. This will be my last Reeflo. They don’t even have the instructions on their site anymore, luckily there was a YouTube video. You can see in the image below how much salt creep there was.
E65CDB8D-FD8E-4DE3-BE49-01024FA4AFF1.jpeg
ABC9547E-61F2-4F0D-9FF9-3E2F81D7D9AB.jpeg

Part of the impeller had broken off when I removed the bushing and I had that moment of panic that it wouldn’t work again. I decided to proceed anyway.
957BABAE-84B2-4ED0-A7B4-3AB698E9ADF0.jpeg

I assembled it back together, start it and nothing...ugh. I give the screw on the back of the pump a few turns and manage to get it started, but there was hardly any flow. After restarting the pump 3 more times, it finally seems to be working ok and not leaking.

For my new build I have decided to switch to a panworld which do not require seals.

OP
OP
Ultra Aquatics

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up a new toy today! Was lucky enough to get a top down tube from BAO (Building an Obsession).

In the past I had used the Avast Units, but I was never too keen on the idea of screwing the nylon screws onto my lens. This design is much better IMO. The build quality is top notch too.

Should be posting some nice top down shots soon.
55A0DA3E-4F5F-431B-BC5D-32A321E73622.jpeg

OP
OP
Ultra Aquatics

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Managed to snap a few pics today. Pretty happy with how they came out.

Cliffs Acropora:
DSC00037-2.jpg

Snipers Bubblegum Milli (yes I have aiptasia :( ) :
DSC00042-2.jpg

DSC00043-2.jpg

Hawkins:
DSC00045-2.jpg

Pearlberry:
DSC00047-2.jpg

OP
OP
Ultra Aquatics

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Little update...the last two weeks have been kind of a roller coaster. When I decided to switch the seal on my return pump, I had major issues and it ended up leaking. The tank went 3 days without a return pump, ATO or Calcium Reactor.

I finally was able to get a return pump going but some of the corals have been unhappy ever since. A few acros have been sliming and I’ve had a little STN on my Jedi mind trick Monti. I’ve kept things as stable as possible but still am seeing some signs of stress.

The only other change during this time period is I started dosing sodium nitrate, which I have decided to stop until things settle down. This tank has run super stable for over a year until now so it’s a little frustrating when it starts going downhill. I will say this is the last Reeflo pump I will ever use. I will be going with mag drive pumps going forwad. They are a much better design even if they do use slightly more wattage.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update...the last two weeks have been kind of a roller coaster. When I decided to switch the seal on my return pump, I had major issues and it ended up leaking. The tank went 3 days without a return pump, ATO or Calcium Reactor.

I finally was able to get a return pump going but some of the corals have been unhappy ever since. A few acros have been sliming and I’ve had a little STN on my Jedi mind trick Monti. I’ve kept things as stable as possible but still am seeing some signs of stress.

The only other change during this time period is I started dosing sodium nitrate, which I have decided to stop until things settle down. This tank has run super stable for over a year until now so it’s a little frustrating when it starts going downhill. I will say this is the last Reeflo pump I will ever use. I will be going with mag drive pumps going forwad. They are a much better design even if they do use slightly more wattage.
Buy up a backup too!

OP
OP
Ultra Aquatics

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Be sure to check out my 280g Miracles build, this build will be coming to a close eventually.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back