Japanese swallowtail with a buggy eye

  • Thread starter Thread starter cba191
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cba191

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
953
Location
salt lake city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got her today, but when i got home, i realized she has a buggy eye. What should i do. I can return her, but i hate doing that.

77af0756-0f99-4a61-a9d9-dd67db0cb8d3.jpg
d32874bf-3400-4d09-80c4-4b1596183409.jpg
75a75b78-0b33-44ea-bb2a-a741c341fd65.jpg
c89661bf-703f-49aa-983d-84cf951e8564.jpg
 
I just got her today, but when i got home, i realized she has a buggy eye. What should i do. I can return her, but i hate doing that.

77af0756-0f99-4a61-a9d9-dd67db0cb8d3.jpg
d32874bf-3400-4d09-80c4-4b1596183409.jpg
75a75b78-0b33-44ea-bb2a-a741c341fd65.jpg
c89661bf-703f-49aa-983d-84cf951e8564.jpg
These fish are prone to injuries and Keep an eye on it for now, If it worsens over next 48 hours, treat in a separate tank using Maracyn as pictured below

1778375752009.png
 
I just got her today, but when i got home, i realized she has a buggy eye. What should i do. I can return her, but i hate doing that.

77af0756-0f99-4a61-a9d9-dd67db0cb8d3.jpg
d32874bf-3400-4d09-80c4-4b1596183409.jpg
75a75b78-0b33-44ea-bb2a-a741c341fd65.jpg
c89661bf-703f-49aa-983d-84cf951e8564.jpg
These fish are prone to injuries and Keep an eye on it for now, If it worsens over next 48 hours, treat in a separate tank using Maracyn as pictured below

1778375752009.png
Thank you. I want her to be ok. I got her for $65, which is basically stealing it. They didnt know about her eye though.
 
Thank you. I want her to be ok. I got her for $65, which is basically stealing it. They didnt know about her eye though.

This does look like an injury. Disease problems almost always affect both eyes. If the fish settles in and eats well, it will likely recover on its own. If you see worsening symptoms or not eating, then I’d treat it with erythromycin/Maracyn 1 in a hospital tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new