Jaw Dropper Acro

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A water sample was sent to Triton and the only thing that was way off was my potasium at 500 from where it was a little over a month before at 400. The only thing I can blame the jump on was a few water changes with tropic marin pro(maybe a bad bucket I do t really know). My Salifert potasium test got the same result so I'm sure it really was that high. I did have an ALk swing and that's what I was thinking the problem was until it continued to get worse for almost 2 months. It's very unlikely that the bacteria bed was the problem. I test phosphate and nitrate regularly and always get very low readings if I get any reading at all. Also tested ammonia a few times always with a reading of zero.

Mmmm, Tropic Marine!
Two weeks ago my Mag was way up, my Red Sea test kit is going as high as 1800 but I know it was way higher than that.
My Cal was below 260.
When I tested my New mix salt I noticed that Mag was high and Cal was low, as Alk was at 440.
I almost never test Mag and Cal just do a daily Alk test and of course the PH reading from the apex, nothing on that indicated that there was something wrong other than the vibrant color loss.
I use a CaRx and never had any problems with that.
With in a week I got it all back to normal by using manual Cal dosing and a new bucket of salt, yes I still use Tropic Marine but will test the new mixed salt water every time before use.
Maybe it's time to look into another brand of salt :noidea:

FoD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange. I have been using Red Sea Salt for 2+ years. Alk mixes at 8-ish, which is good for pellet usage. I got a nice deal on Coral Pro, and grabbed a few buckets. I knew it is supposed to test out at 12+ dKH, so I made sure to test it before water changes. I'm on bucket 3 of the Coral Pro and each bucket has tested below 9, and as low as 7.6 per 30 gallons. Lesson learned. I test WC water each and every time before changes.

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed all my water with redsea blue bucket and all corals are doing better now. I had been using the redsea blue bucket for over a year for the very few water changes I did do and having what Id consider great success. It is hard to say for sure if the tropic marine was the problem but it's not something I'll be trying again.

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's looking sad but might still make a comeback

Not a ton better but it does seem to be improving and not getting worse anymore everything is actually looking much better. I think with a little time it will be back to its full potential.I do seem to be getting more polyp extension now and although it doesn't show up in the pictures that well it actually seems to be fluorescing a little more as well and that is usually a good sign.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any new info on JD frags growing out? I'd love to see some pics!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 1441218206593.jpg
    1441218206593.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 343

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back