Jaw Dropper Acro

volivier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautifull, love the progression of color in your photos, thanks so much for sharing....

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've been trying for almost two months to figure out why all of my SPS were slowly dying and about a week ago I gave up and restarted my SPS system. 100% new water and new equipment under the tank so all that's the same is the light the tank the corals and my mp 10s. The jaw dropper for some reason is still alive and looks better than it did in the first pic of this thread but not by much. I Lost around 80% of my SPS and the only thing I could find that was out of wack was my potasium at around 500 after some water changes with tropic marin. Other than that I haven't a clue what happened but I'm hopeful that in the next few months I can get the color back in my favorite acro. I'll post a pic in the next day or two of it in its current condition

Killer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. Potassium could be responsible...I was bleaching tips over 430.

conchreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to read this James. Don't know how old your mps are but maybe check wetside magnets for corrosion. Or maybe stray electricity! Hope you figure it out.

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to read this James. Don't know how old your mps are but maybe check wetside magnets for corrosion. Or maybe stray electricity! Hope you figure it out.

I think all 4 of my mp 10s are right around 1.5-2years old. I cleaned them with vinager when I resetup the tank and there wasn't any visable corrosion but I'm concerned that they could be a problem is there a certain year that had problems or someway to check them to be sure they aren't causing the problems? Seems crazy that a pump that cost that much and is used by thousands of people could kill corals. But I'd like to rule it out as a possibility if posible.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back