Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a534387795a7e9560c8cd528036478b9.jpg

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Random question. Obviously, the Kmaintl strain is the OG jawbreaker. What about Mark Poletti strain? They appear to be the same, since they get large and have the green and sometimes purple coloration, but I was just looking for clarification. Thanks

I would love to know this as well. Can’t seem to find any detailed info on why a jawbreaker is desirable coming from a Mark Poletti lineage.

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since nobody seems to know or, conversely, want to say, let's try & get an answer to this by stirring up a little controversy.
My guess is that they are exactly the same and everyone "suddenly" has Poletti jawbreakers because they saw that Poletti + Jawbreaker = more $$$

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since nobody seems to know or, conversely, want to say, let's try & get an answer to this by stirring up a little controversy.
My guess is that they are exactly the same and everyone "suddenly" has Poletti jawbreakers because they saw that Poletti + Jawbreaker = more $$$

I’m not sure but I don’t think it’s a money thing. The only ones that sell for more at this point are bigger ones with a good amount of red and green.

All the booger sized ones with only orange seem to fetch 150ish.

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I finally got a reputable answer to this question on the Shroom Room fb group. So long story short, Poletti and Kmaintl Jawbreakers are the same strain and OG Jawbreakers. The original Jawbreaker rock that came in was split between those two and possibly one other person. So even though we typical try to trace our lineage back to one of those two, it ultimately goes back to the original importer.

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does jawbreaker define a specific color? This was sold to me from WWC as 'ultra red jawbreaker' but I've never heard that before... It's growing super fast, 5 babies in as many weeks.
8a17c54cd740b4da3214e768726e7e88.jpg

kmaintl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got a reputable answer to this question on the Shroom Room fb group... The original Jawbreaker rock that came in was split between those two and possibly one other person....

I don't hardly ever come out to any forums anymore... but hate to burst any bubbles but the above statement is false.

You know how the original person tells the correct story and then passes along to the next person... and by the time the 10th hears the story from the 9th person, it isn't what the 1st said. The original rock that came in was not split among any of us. Check through all the Mystery Tiedye Jawbreaker threads as I've told the real story before here on R2R.

Enjoy your shrooms everyone.

Meccaman96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't hardly ever come out to any forums anymore... but hate to burst any bubbles but the above statement is false.

You know how the original person tells the correct story and then passes along to the next person... and by the time the 10th hears the story from the 9th person, it isn't what the 1st said. The original rock that came in was not split among any of us. Check through all the Mystery Tiedye Jawbreaker threads as I've told the real story before here on R2R.

Enjoy your shrooms everyone.
Yeah the original story is in the first 100 replies in this thread back in 2013. Thanks for coming out of hiding to give me a thumbs up on your original lineage :)

Reefster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a colony of about 7 that was destroyed from an emerald crab! I found the plugs in the back where he was living. Never get another crab again...cost me 800 bucks! This thread just makes me want to cry everytime I see a Beautiful Jawbreaker...:(

dieselab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently got back into hobby. Jawbreaker was the first piece I added back to my collection. The original was being held by a friend when I got out close to 8 years ago. Beautiful pieces everyone.

fishboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a really cruddy pic of a couple shrooms I been growing. I bought the largest up front one from here or another site for like$90 it was about the size of a dime or nickel.
I have more than this from the mother in a mushroom box. What I've noticed is that it seems not all get green and none of this strain I have has ever gotten any purple.
I don't pretend to know what these are but am happy that they just keep kicking out babies. I was told at the time I purchased the one, that they were jawbreakers but as with anything on the internet I take that with a grain of salt.
I am not interested in selling any of these. For reference the front one when plump and happy is 4.5 inches across.
If you remember selling me the one shroom feel free to contact me about what you remember about this specific shroom. I believe it was just added on to another few items I had purchased.

Attachments

• IMG_20210313_121943352_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210313_121943352_HDR.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 47

ReefTankAddicts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am thinking about buying a jawbreaker and would like to know some info on them! Whats usually the going rate for a baby or smaller one? How long does it take them to get the nice red streaks and green in them? Whats ther max size? And like other shrooms are they pretty hardy? Thanks in advance :)
So I have had a JB garden for a couple years now I have over 100 in my tank and sell couple dozen every month and I can say there are 2 types of jb babies all orange sometimes called sunkist by some the other are white ones that color up with reds full in a couple months. The all orange ones take a lot longer to color up. That love high nutrient low flow medium par my sit around 100 par 30ppm nitrates

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back