Jawfish and Goby compatability?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a lot of rock with hiding places? That may cut down on territorial skirmishes if you do. I have heard that jawfish can be a bit meanish so I would get the goby established first.

OP
OP
T

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a lot of rock with hiding places? That may cut down on territorial skirmishes if you do. I have heard that jawfish can be a bit meanish so I would get the goby established first.
Thanks. That's a great idea.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a jawfish and hi-fin (w/shrimp) together in my 50 without issue

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was a pearly, but I don’t think that matters. He ended up going blind for an unknown reason and perished. I haven’t dared try a blue spotted, too many reports of difficulty.

The hi-fin (or banded) set up shop with the candy stripe first, but again I doubt it mattered. They were under rock work in the right rear quadrant

Jawfish built his crib adjacent to a rock in the front right corner. They could see each other and had perhaps 10” of straight line distance between.

From my observation they didn’t mind one another at all. Limited to zero interaction.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whaaaaat? A jawfish that was big enough to eat a wrasse? That’s a new one. Having trouble picturing it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • None.

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.4%
Back