Jay's New Bigger... But Still Little Ocean - 600 gallons.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys wants a new and bigger reef tank. Guy asks girl if he can purchase a bigger reef tank and she says yes. Custom reef tank arrives and girls immediately regrets that decision. :)

68503074845__27D40F6A-9DD5-41AD-B28C-17867BA7DC9F.jpg

IMG_4490.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dims? Builder? Looks nice with the external overflow.
72 Inches Width x 36 Inches Depth x26 Inches Height, manufactured with 3/4 low iron glass. Built by Glass Cages. External overflow with six 1.5 inch drains and two 1 inch returns on either side of the overflow. The bottom of the aquarium is starboard on top of the glass with additional glass bracing internally on the bottom rim, edges and a modified euro-bracing for the top of the aquarium. Everything filters down to a large MRC Sump holding an additional 125 gallons of water.

Last edited:

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that is a nice tank! I look forward to seeing pictures when you get it plumbed and going.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6, 2” drains? That’s some flow.

how’s the quality? That’s almost the size I’m looking at except 84” length.

very nice.

OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6, 2” drains? That’s some flow.

how’s the quality? That’s almost the size I’m looking at except 84” length.

very nice.
I honestly love the quality of the build. The options to have seem protectors and the starboard bottom make it just that much more durable. Honestly when I am ready for a bigger on I am going directly back to Joe at Glass Cages, the team did an amazing job. I had a local aquarium maintenance company “House of Fins” come to fill the aquarium and there guys were very impressed with the quality of the build.

thelonereefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
72 Inches Width x 36 Inches Depth x26 Inches Height, manufactured with 3/4 low iron glass. Built by Glass Cages. External overflow with six 2 inch drains and two 1.5 inch returns on either side of the overflow. The bottom of the aquarium is starboard on top of the glass with additional glass bracing internally on the bottom rim, edges and a modified euro-bracing for the top of the aquarium. Everything filters down to a large MRC Sump holding an additional 125 gallons of water.
These dimensions sound really cool. I like the 3’ depth gives you a whole lot of options and you were able to keep the height around 2’

OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you moving that tank? Very nice looking! Looks well built and sturdy.
Well, that was a fun story. So I actually had to delay the delivery of my aquarium a few months after it was built because I had difficulty finding individuals or company to move the aquarium. I eventually found a moving company that sent over 6 guys to move the aquarium. I provided them suctions cups and supervised the move and everything went well. It’s now resides in my home office, where I spend most of my day.

OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These dimensions sound really cool. I like the 3’ depth gives you a whole lot of options and you were able to keep the height around 2’

Thank you. I definitely wanted an aquarium that had some depth to it. And the 3 foot deep really does the trick. Unfortunately with the remaining space in my home office I wasn’t able to go bigger without making the space look like the aquarium was too big for the room.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly love the quality of the build. The options to have seem protectors and the starboard bottom make it just that much more durable. Honestly when I am ready for a bigger on I am going directly back to Joe at Glass Cages, the team did an amazing job. I had a local aquarium maintenance company “House of Fins” come to fill the aquarium and there guys were very impressed with the quality of the build.
@JaysLittleOcean This was a very fun build. Love that notched overflow. I really enjoyed developing and innovating with you on this overflow. so much fun.

Thanks so much for the support. We got you!

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that was a fun story. So I actually had to delay the delivery of my aquarium a few months after it was built because I had difficulty finding individuals or company to move the aquarium. I eventually found a moving company that sent over 6 guys to move the aquarium. I provided them suctions cups and supervised the move and everything went well. It’s now resides in my home office, where I spend most of my day.
That sure was funny. you had a tough time with that. so glad you are past that part.

mjszos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I definitely wanted an aquarium that had some depth to it. And the 3 foot deep really does the trick. Unfortunately with the remaining space in my home office I wasn’t able to go bigger without making the space look like the aquarium was too big for the room.

You're going about this all wrong - you're a guest in the tanks room.

OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sure was funny. you had a tough time with that. so glad you are past that part.
@JaysLittleOcean This was a very fun build. Love that notched overflow. I really enjoyed developing and innovating with you on this overflow. so much fun.

Thanks so much for the support. We got you!
Thank you Joe! You and your team knocked it out of the park. Now all I have to do is enjoy this one for a few years and buy a bigger house to do it all again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back