Jay's New Bigger... But Still Little Ocean - 600 gallons.

Pierre96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our tank was recently built by Glass Cages. I am definitely impressed by the quality! Wish it was that big :) lol. We can't wait to set ours up. They were so great with responding to any questions we had. Lots of options. Ours has ford blue perimeter bracing. Can't wait to set it up. Nice tank!!

Attachments

• glasscages 175 pic2.jpg
    glasscages 175 pic2.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 157
  • glasscages 175.jpg
    glasscages 175.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 127

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DUDE.....your killing me man i have been dreaming of a GC tank from joe and team for a few years now. ( i hod a 240 acrylic a decade + ago )

that look on the GF face priceless!

why so many drains tho? guessing with the starboard bottom its gonna be an SPS reef?
stop slacking and get this thread up to date man this thing is a beauty. totally drooling...

fireheadman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sub'd.... very curious of what it looks like filled up and running. You posting any youtube videos? or pictures?

OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, sorry all, life has been taking up so much of my free time up. And yes, you guessed correctly it's going to be a SPS Dominant Reef. I'll get some updates going later this evening.
DUDE.....your killing me man i have been dreaming of a GC tank from joe and team for a few years now. ( i hod a 240 acrylic a decade + ago )

that look on the GF face priceless!

why so many drains tho? guessing with the starboard bottom its gonna be an SPS reef?
stop slacking and get this thread up to date man this thing is a beauty. totally drooling...

OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any stand photos?
Here are some photographs of the stand. Apologies that they are a bit color washed. The black bottom was provided with the stand. But I wanted to reinforce the bottom of it as I imagine it will have to support my weight as I'm tinkering around with valves and a few other pieces of equipment that I will be keeping underneath the stand. Everything else is located downstairs in the utility room/fish room.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some free time to do some maintenance this evening on one of my GHL Dosers. I was calibrating each of the 4 dosing heads to prepare to configure them for Iodine, Potassium, Iron and Trace Element additives and was lucky enough to be around when the GHL Magnetic Stirrers kicked off for their hourly mixing run, so I thought I would share.

gibbers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys wants a new and bigger reef tank. Guy asks girl if he can purchase a bigger reef tank and she says yes. Custom reef tank arrives and girls immediately regrets that decision. :)

68503074845__27D40F6A-9DD5-41AD-B28C-17867BA7DC9F.jpg

IMG_4490.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg
Welcome to the glass cages club! 72x36x31 here!

Attachments

• 7BCEA7DC-459F-4A32-B15D-6A6030D5B196.jpeg
    7BCEA7DC-459F-4A32-B15D-6A6030D5B196.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 106

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup.

Do the stirrers work independently of the ghl controller? Or does one need the controller to use the stirrers?

legalizedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some free time to do some maintenance this evening on one of my GHL Dosers. I was calibrating each of the 4 dosing heads to prepare to configure them for Iodine, Potassium, Iron and Trace Element additives and was lucky enough to be around when the GHL Magnetic Stirrers kicked off for their hourly mixing run, so I thought I would share.

Are you running any other GHL besides dosers and stirrers?

im quite interested in going GHL with my reefer 350 build. I’ve never had a controller.
I love the idea of being able to monitor Alk with the KH Director as a stand-alone

OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup.

Do the stirrers work independently of the ghl controller? Or does one need the controller to use the stirrers?
Thank you. Not entirely sure. I would make an assumption that on the standalone dosers you should be able to access the magnetic stirrer settings and configure them accordingly. I would assume you need the controller on the slave dosers. I have both and both types of dosers and each has 4 ports for magnetic stirrers. But I run all of them in slave mode.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back