JB Weld-WaterWeld issues....

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past several years I have been using JB Welds WaterWeld epoxy putty to attach coral. The last 2 times that I have purchased this,the outer layer on 2 tubes was crusty and was difficult to mix as it was full of pieces. Yesterday purchased another 3 tubes,2 are rock solid,I mixed up some from the third tube that felt normal and tried to attach quite a large colony,for some reason I could not get it to attach. The way I do it is a blob of Super glue gel a blob of putty and then some glue on the putty, colony just would not stick. Have any of you that use this stuff noticed any change when using it, almost seems like they have changed the formula.
Anyone got a better suggestion for products you are using.

OP
OP
IvanW

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be honest, never even crossed my mind to check expiration date. I posted this on the local club forum had a bunch of replies from people having the same issues with it.
I have written to the company twice still not heard back.
It was suggested on the club forum to use those dissolvable plastic pellets, since I had a few sample packets I tried them, they work great, sticks much faster and quicker than epoxy. Some are using superglue with it, I found the brand I used to work without glue.

OP
OP
IvanW

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up Reef Welder plastic epoxy glue. Aquamax has it, Fauna Marine under Aqua Scape fix ,probably others as well. They are distributed under different names. It is little plastic polymer pellet that when placed in warm water soften and become malleable, they then harden in about a minute or two. They can be removed placed in warm water and it softens again.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 39.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 78 53.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.4%

Back