OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any negatives with it now that you’ve got it broken in? I’ve heard complaints about it being too loud and/or causing too many bubbles everywhere.
no complaints whats so ever.. it is working good, maybe too good.. my nitrates are at 0 and phosphates at 0.05.. i keep the top out the water so it does not cause bubbles and make a salty mess.

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick tank update.. Corals and fish are all doing well. Zoas are taking off and multiplying day by day. My Nirvana started with 4 poly, I fragged into single frags and they all now have between 8-12 polys each.. frogspawn has multiple babies and 4 solid heads on it. sps is growing well. I am dosing Aqua Forest BUT picking up a MRC calcium reactor this weekend. I will only use the calrx in a few months when i finish AF. Here are a few pics with the blues on.

IMG_5110.JPG

IMG_5111.JPG

IMG_5112.JPG

IMG_5113.JPG

IMG_5114.JPG

IMG_5115.JPG

IMG_5116.JPG

IMG_5117.JPG

IMG_5118.JPG

IMG_5119.JPG

IMG_5120.JPG

IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_5123.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any negatives with it now that you’ve got it broken in? I’ve heard complaints about it being too loud and/or causing too many bubbles everywhere.
All you have to do is raise it slightly above water level and you get no bubbles. Problem solved. As for noise, I'm not sure where that complaint comes from. It's run by an air pump so maybe vibration/noise from the pump itself? If in the cabinet you shouldn't hear anything.

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All you have to do is raise it slightly above water level and you get no bubbles. Problem solved. As for noise, I'm not sure where that complaint comes from. It's run by an air pump so maybe vibration/noise from the pump itself? If in the cabinet you shouldn't hear anything.
I agree with Cali.. I have mine and it is quiet. I also raised it a little above water level and no more salt creep or bubble noise. it is maintaining my nutrients and I tend to feed 2-3 times a day sometimes. Nitrates 2 Phosphates 0.04 now.

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 4 - Things are going good so far. I removed the rotting shrimp on day 3 and added a new shrimp. It was just making a mess everywhere. I now put the new shrimp in a mess bag. I have added 1 of the 2 media baskets. I am waiting for the marine pure bio balls to get here in a few days. I am now seeing Nitrates and see Ammonia is up to 1.2

IMG_4674.JPG
IMG_4672.JPG

Media basket looks good - interesting design!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back