JBJ 8G Rimless help

GaryjW2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running my 8g for about a year now and I feel like it's always been just getting by. I got just a simple hang on back filter and put chemipure elite in it. Also put some macro algae in top chamber of the rack. So what I am looking for is does anyone have advice on the best way to run this system.
20131022_093950.jpg

OP
OP
GaryjW2

GaryjW2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3g water changes every sunday. Looking to keep tank more stable heard about cutting out the black tap on back to put a light for some algae to grow, just not sure. I have a little hob filter that I took the wheel of and the stock filter and I just put some bio balls in there. I have a bag of crush coral you think I could put some of that is the little filter? Thanks

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a tank that small you do not need the hang on back. It would be fine with just weekly water changes with a higher parameter salt brand and make sure you have decent flow. The sand on the bottom looks like it could use a good siphoning since it seems a bit saturated.

Are you looking to change the look of the tank? A new aquascape usually does the trick or move/add corals. Rearranging the rocks will allow better flow and keep the cyano down.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 gal with a hang on the back filter. I'm running a white felt filter behind a Purigen filter.
Everything here is working just as fine as I could hope for… minus the loss of my torch.. how do you like using the macro algae? I have been thinking about it, but not sure if I really need too.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 56 47.5%
  • Full frame

Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 44 37.3%
  • All of the above

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back