Jebao CP-150 or Other Gyre Style Pumps

jsteele77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used this wavemaker or a similar one? I'm starting a new 120 build soon and I really want to try a gyre style pump and was looking for some input on any kind of gyre pump. Thanks in advance!

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 150 and the 120. I have a 100g 4 feet long. The 150 was too much flow even on the lowest setting. I think it's made for 5-6 foot long tanks. The 120 is perfect in my 100g.

OP
OP
J

jsteele77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 150 and the 120. I have a 100g 4 feet long. The 150 was too much flow even on the lowest setting. I think it's made for 5-6 foot long tanks. The 120 is perfect in my 100g.[/QUOTE
Awesome thank you! How is the longevity of the pump? Any issues with it breaking?

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had any problems with either. I ran the 150 for 3-4 months and then switched to the 120. It's been running for about 6 weeks so I really can't say much about longevity. Honestly for the price if I had to replace it once a year it would still probably be worth the money.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Icecap 3K and Maxspect XF-250's. I would say I prefer the maintenance of the Icecap over the Maxspect because there aren't as many pieces to remove. The Maxspect has the ability to run 2 pumps off 1 controller though, and you're able to buy the 2nd pump cheaper, without the controller, if you run 2. The Icecaps would each require their own controller and can't sync together like the Maxspect can. Also, the Maxspect can run in reverse out of the box, where the Icecap needs an additional accessory to do that.

OP
OP
J

jsteele77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Icecap 3K and Maxspect XF-250's. I would say I prefer the maintenance of the Icecap over the Maxspect because there aren't as many pieces to remove. The Maxspect has the ability to run 2 pumps off 1 controller though, and you're able to buy the 2nd pump cheaper, without the controller, if you run 2. The Icecaps would each require their own controller and can't sync together like the Maxspect can. Also, the Maxspect can run in reverse out of the box, where the Icecap needs an additional accessory to do that.
Thank you that was very concise!

Mil69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys , these Jabeo pumps work well ......., for a while , I have a 800l reef tank and run just one cp55 in it , before that I had a cp40 . I had the cp40 for about 1 year before the impeller blades started to disintegrate, I then changed to the cp55 and run the pump at lower speed , it has lasted about 15 months , now is starting to deteriorate as well .I like these pumps, but they don’t seem to last very long , I think the manufacturer needs to upgrade the impeller blades to a tougher tempered plastic or nylon .

I wonder if there is any improvement with the cp150 or if it suffers the same flaws ?
In any case I need to get another.

brandon clow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 and a 150 for close to one year in my 6 foot 125. Cleaned them both twice since I first put them in. They have been quiet and reliable for me. Impeller blades look great still. I am looking at getting a scp150 to add when I make the switch to a 180 gallon this spring. I have been running them on else mode both at about 7/8.

Musclebai

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i realize this is an old thread...had a jebao cp 120...broke about 12 months into use.worked very well when it did till one of the propellers gave up...a replacement was available from the same ebay seller but costed almost as much as the 60 bucks paid for the whole unit

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back