jebao cross flow?

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded my nuvo 40 to a standard 60 cube. i have a nero 5 currently i have always ran it in wave mode at 30% power. i increased the power a little and im not getting the flow im used to. does anyone have a jebao cross flow on a cube style tank with similar specs to a standard 60 cube. with the 40 cube i got a nice strong flow up top with acros and a nice gentle flow in most other area.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you already know, cubes can be a pita with flow. Got any pics of your tank?

I tried several different ways including a gyre on my 50g cube, ended up with two different powerheads on the back wall with anti sync mode (mp40's). Used to have a pair of nero 5's and did much the same as well.

Yellow notes powerhead placement.
20230801_134408_HDR~2.jpg

OP
OP
MIke Wood

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like the back wall option. My tank as the left corner overflow. The gyre on the side didn't work for you? This is my rock layout now. I just transfered when I took this pic so things were ticked

Attachments

• 20230924_215822.jpg
    20230924_215822.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
MIke Wood

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I went sps dominant, it was fine just for flow. Now I realize the sps wants a bit more turbulent flow so I felt that with my rockwork what I'm doing works well.
appreciate your response i will try the nero in the middle right of the tank. i have a smaller jebao i can put on the top left near the overflow.

jackiemon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm also looking to upgrade into a 60 gallon cube.. I'm planning to get one or two cross flow from Jebao. Can you tell me what did you end up placing them?

OP
OP
MIke Wood

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm also looking to upgrade into a 60 gallon cube.. I'm planning to get one or two cross flow from Jebao. Can you tell me what did you end up placing them?
Hi I ended up with a jebao mcp-70 on the upper left side. With an ecotech mp40 on the right side, mid height. This has create the best flow.

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like the back wall option. My tank as the left corner overflow. The gyre on the side didn't work for you? This is my rock layout now. I just transfered when I took this pic so things were ticked
Pretty. Goals…

jackiemon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I ended up with a jebao mcp-70 on the upper left side. With an ecotech mp40 on the right side, mid height. This has create the best flow.
Thanks! Was actually looking at the MCP 70 and thought it'd be too strong . Glad it's working for you!

OP
OP
MIke Wood

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the noise level so far?
I've had the jebao on board since November and has been dead silent. I'm running it on the lowest setting though. It would be way too much flow more than 50%. I had a nero 5 that I just changed to a mp40 because I was sick of the wire inside the tank. Mp40 is also running very low speed. I run full syphon on my tank. So the only thing I can hear is the skimmer venturi.

jackiemon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Was actually looking at the MCP 70 and thought it'd be too strong . Glad it's working for you!
I messaged someone from Jebao and they recommended MCP 90?!? He/she said no other wavemaker would be required if I go with the 90

OP
OP
MIke Wood

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messaged someone from Jebao and they recommended MCP 90?!? He/she said no other wavemaker would be required if I go with the 90
when i had just the gyre on it created a ton of flow across the top down the opposite side and across the bottom. but there was virtually no polyp movement in corals placed in the center of the rock. even increasing the flow created too much flow across the top and bottom and still no flow in those areas. you can angle the the impellers though. but for how my tank was set up it caused too much flow in areas i needed lower flow. i think especially for the cube id do a cone type wavemaker on the opposite side of the gyre so help create better flow. could do one of their knock off neros?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many people do not know how efficient these are. Have you considered a sea sweep with your choice of powerhead.
Although pricey they are the best option available today for random flow pattern, imo.
Also no wires in th tank except for the powerhead and it runs through the sweep.
20240109_081106.jpg

OP
OP
MIke Wood

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many people do not know how efficient these are. Have you considered a sea sweep with your choice of powerhead.
Although pricey they are the best option available today for random flow pattern, imo.
Also no wires in th tank except for the powerhead and it runs through the sweep.
20240109_081106.jpg
pretty cool concept on these pumps. price tag is similar to all the major competitors.

jackiemon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i had just the gyre on it created a ton of flow across the top down the opposite side and across the bottom. but there was virtually no polyp movement in corals placed in the center of the rock. even increasing the flow created too much flow across the top and bottom and still no flow in those areas. you can angle the the impellers though. but for how my tank was set up it caused too much flow in areas i needed lower flow. i think especially for the cube id do a cone type wavemaker on the opposite side of the gyre so help create better flow. could do one of their knock off neros?
My 60g cube is an AIO, so I want to stock at least 50lbs of rocks. I'll have to aquascape better then. Thank you!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back