Jebao crossflow sizing help

Christoporia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a 180g acrylic peninsula style and considering a crossflow powerhead. I will have 2 Hydor 1950 and 1100 along with 2 smaller 500gph heads located on the back to help create randomized flow. I plan on installing the crossflow on the weir and would like input on sizing. The tank is 72" x 24" x 24". Ideally it will have no magnets visible and most power heads will be hidden of sorts. I forgot to mention that the tank will be against a wall.

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that don't know, the "crossflow" from Jebao is their gyre pump. @Christoporia, I would suggest getting one that fits the physical dimensions you desire for it to span your weir and glass thickness that you will have. Go big because these are DC pumps and can be dialed back if you need to. Based upon the specs that you have, I can't see any reason for going small. The Jebao's are cheap and there's only a few bucks difference between one and the other, so I wouldn't undersize if I were in your shoes with that size tank.

OP
OP
Christoporia

Christoporia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that don't know, the "crossflow" from Jebao is their gyre pump. @Christoporia, I would suggest getting one that fits the physical dimensions you desire for it to span your weir and glass thickness that you will have. Go big because these are DC pumps and can be dialed back if you need to. Based upon the specs that you have, I can't see any reason for going small. The Jebao's are cheap and there's only a few bucks difference between one and the other, so I wouldn't undersize if I were in your shoes with that size tank.
I am debating between the 120 and 150

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back