Jebao DMP-65 whirring

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheBos
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TheBos

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Amsterdam area
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have two jebao dmp-65’s and although one is completely silent, I can’t for the life of me figure out why the other one is making such rattling noise. It’s definitely the motor/dry side and I’ve taken it apart to see if there’s anything going on, but can’t figure it out.

Pump is properly aligned too.

I’ve attached a small video.

Anybody got something similar and know what’s going on?

This is the second dry side already as the supplier has sent a replacement but this one also rattles.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4448.mov
    13.9 MB
Did you grease the impeller shaft? Molykote works well
 
No but it they other pump I have is also not greased and is super quiet…
 
Im having same issue with the wifi version..i got a replacement dry side and it helped but im still getting a n audible noise at 30%
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new