Jebao MD 4.4 doser connecting tubing type and size

KnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Jebao MD 4.4 on the way and I am starting a list of supplies to get
Iv read many different tubing sizes being used, maybe Im thinking it. Tubing size, ID 1/4=6mm or ID 3mm or ID 4mm or standard Airlin tubing size ID 3/16= 5mm
Tubing Type,, I have read everything between silicone to PU air compressor airline tubing
Do I need a backflow check valve to prevent a siphon?

this one is 3mm ID

Accessories_Box_RED_-_content__81957.jpg

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy doesn't specify tubing size, but a decent setup video of the doser. Wait until you receive it then take it to the LFS and compare tubing sizes, unless you have a few pieces at home that you can test fit.

My doser drips in above the water level so I don't keep a check valve anywhere in the tubing.

OP
OP
KnH

KnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link, I saw that video and that's one of the reasons why I went with the unit, ease of mounting, and looks like they went with the Kamoer KXF pumps. It looks like he is using standard airline tubing. I was just worried that the connectors/ connections seem to be the weakest link in the overall setup. I went with colored silicone tubing the same size as the Redsea kit in the above picture 3mm/5mm.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks for the link, I saw that video and that's one of the reasons why I went with the unit, ease of mounting, and looks like they went with the Kamoer KXF pumps. It looks like he is using standard airline tubing. I was just worried that the connectors/ connections seem to be the weakest link in the overall setup. I went with colored silicone tubing the same size as the Redsea kit in the above picture 3mm/5mm.
Zip ties or plastic hose clamps that pinch together holds it on there.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just worried that the connectors/ connections seem to be the weakest link in the overall setup
If the set up is anything like the kamoer dosers the connectors are definately not a weak spot. I just set up a kamoer f1 yesterday using 1/8 ID tubing and had to slice the tubing to get it off of one connector as I needed a longer piece.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the set up is anything like the kamoer dosers the connectors are definately not a weak spot. I just set up a kamoer f1 yesterday using 1/8 ID tubing and had to slice the tubing to get it off of one connector as I needed a longer piece.

The barbed connectors on my Kamoer X1 Bluetooth doser are definitely the weakest link for me as the "standard airline tubing" that I use slips off of the connector if I even look at it. I like the zip tie ideas as several size tubings that I have at home are too large of an I.D.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP it looks like you bought the right size tubing. Same size for Kamoer X1/X4 dosing tubing recc. from Coralvue.

ID/OD 3mm/5mm

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The barbed connectors on my Kamoer X1 Bluetooth doser are definitely the weakest link for me as the "standard airline tubing" that I use slips off of the connector if I even look at it. I like the zip tie ideas as several size tubings that I have at home are too large of an I.D.
I had some drews 1/8 doser tubing from brs laying in the basement and it goes on the kamoer barbed fittings tight. I warm it in hot water and put it on and it's not coming off. No colors tho but this is my first and only doser that that doesn't matter.

OP
OP
KnH

KnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is what I was worried about, PVC airline tubing, it is stiff and is 5mm ID. I ordered from Ali and got 3mm ID colored Silicone tubing for 83c a meter with free shipping, I just found the Up Assistant extension for shopping on Ali, and it shows the overall store rating, The store I ordered from has a 100% rating, I have seen a store rating of 1%.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent. That is a different fitting comparted to the output of my X1 doser.
1698674013032.png

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Jebao MD 4.4 on the way and I am starting a list of supplies to get
Iv read many different tubing sizes being used, maybe Im thinking it. Tubing size, ID 1/4=6mm or ID 3mm or ID 4mm or standard Airlin tubing size ID 3/16= 5mm
Tubing Type,, I have read everything between silicone to PU air compressor airline tubing
Do I need a backflow check valve to prevent a siphon?

this one is 3mm ID

Accessories_Box_RED_-_content__81957.jpg
I have the same setup and bought the same RedSea kit. Got it all hooked up the other day. My dosing tubes are above the waterline but I would assume it won't back siphon if they were underwater because it would be working against the pump.

Any who I have a question for you. Is yours up and running? I calibrated mine and set my schedule and switched each pump to "run program" mode but they do not run when they are supposed to. Luckily I have been keeping a close eye on it and noticed after 24 hours nothing is happening. They will dispense in manual mode (if I hold down the physical button on the doser or the button on the app) but they do not run on their own at the scheduled time. The only way I can get them to dose my specified amount is if I go to "Set Time" under Settings and press confirm if it's in the same minute as the time I have scheduled. Example: I have it set to dose 4 milliliters of ALK from Channel 4 at 9:00 p.m.. 9:00 p.m. rolls around and nothing is dispensed. Once I'm sure nothing is coming out (I wait 10-20 seconds) I go to "Settings", "Set time" and the current time is displayed I click "Confirm". A few seconds later it dispenses the 4 ml. Not really sure why it's doing this. I have the intervals set to Day Zero as I want it to follow the schedule every day. Am I doing something wrong or is this unit faulty?

OP
OP
KnH

KnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is set up and running fine. The only issue I have found is that I had the tubing end under water and I am carbon dosing and the tubing grew a gelatin blob. So I raised it above the water level. I run mine on zero day also. The only thing I can think of is the pump button turned on or off in the screen that shows each channel.

IMG_0787.png
IMG_0788.png

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is set up and running fine. The only issue I have found is that I had the tubing end under water and I am carbon dosing and the tubing grew a gelatin blob. So I raised it above the water level. I run mine on zero day also. The only thing I can think of is the pump button turned on or off in the screen that shows each channel.

IMG_0787.png
IMG_0788.png
Thanks for the response. I'm almost wondering is something in the l unit itself is not functioning properly. I do have it switched on. The last thing I'm going to try is deleting it and resetting everything and hoping that it works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231130-143017.png
    Screenshot_20231130-143017.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 22

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No tried everything. At this point I ordered another and we'll see if I have better luck. I emailed Jebao but haven't gotten a response and more than likley won't.

hugopapi24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so are those red sea dosing tubes good for the 4.4? Also, how you liking the doser so far?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back