Jebao OW-10 wavemaker noisy?

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered Jebao OW-10 from Aliexpress about 2~3 months ago. Been meaning to start a tank sooner but I'm only getting around to it now.
I've finally tried it running it for the first time and it's pretty dang noise even in the lowest setting. This is my very first wave maker so I don't have anything to compare it to. How noise are they normally? Personally, I feel this level of noise can't be right. I can hear it pretty loud anywhere in the room and it sounds like the old fridge noise except much louder. Does it sound like I've got a faulty unit? Or is there something I could be doing wrong?
Should have tested the dang thing when I first got it. It would not be easy, if possible at all, to have it replaced. Dang it!

OP
OP
Levinson

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be almost silent. Maybe try taking it apart and putting it back together.
Thanks for the reply, actually, I've just tried it and it's the same.
I've also read about the mod where you change the bushing to the air tubing but it turns out this is not applicable to the OW series. The OWs have one end of the plastic-ish rod that is fixed and the bushing on the outer side is made of soft silicone-like material.

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking maybe a bad unit if you took it apart to no avail...I have 1 in my nano, been there almost 2 years. Still silent

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back