Jebao rw-8 or rw15

  • Thread starter Thread starter renato120
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2014
Messages
2,234
Reaction score
1,333
Location
Nashua,NH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure what would be best for a 120g.
Not sure if the Rw-8 will have enough flow.
I was thinking on placing one on each side of the tank.
Does anyone here uses a rw-15 in a 120g? Is this pump to much or it will be enough flow?
Thank you.
 
If that is a 6' long and you are talking SPS, I would go with the RW-15 and run them low. If 4' try the RW-8s. One downside of these pumps is they need to be cleaned every few months and a larger size would let you ramp them up in between cleanings.
 
If that is a 6' long and you are talking SPS, I would go with the RW-15 and run them low. If 4' try the RW-8s. One downside of these pumps is they need to be cleaned every few months and a larger size would let you ramp them up in between cleanings.
Its the 4' long. I might try the rw 8.
 
it matters what substrate you have....I have a rw 15 in a 125 and i keep it on setting number two or it will blow my fine grain sand around....I think u could save money and run a rw 8 on a higher setting...i have my rw 15 on a 6 foot tank and it does the job great.....i probably could use a rw 8 on my 6 foot tank and be ok
 
it matters what substrate you have....I have a rw 15 in a 125 and i keep it on setting number two or it will blow my fine grain sand around....I think u could save money and run a rw 8 on a higher setting...i have my rw 15 on a 6 foot tank and it does the job great.....i probably could use a rw 8 on my 6 foot tank and be ok
Thank you. I bought two rw 8.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new