Jebao SLW Reviews?

n1ng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying out a couple of the SLW 30’s

Am I being an idiot (likely) - I cannot ge the magnets to stay in the middle?!!
75CA8D61-FF57-4106-A4A1-BC12B7B8D555.jpeg
My SLW20 came with another magnet cover that is flat vs concave.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Read through the thread from the beginning, good info. I have two gyre scp150's and on rw-15 on my 180. My rw15 is starting to get tired after 6 years so I've been looking at the slw and the mlw. My tank is a mixed reef which size and how many do you think I would need with Still using my scp150's.?
I'd keep the gyre at the top. Maybe center back wall then the slw near the bottom.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My SLW20 came with another magnet cover that is flat vs concave.
So did mine. Where is the issue? Trying to center it or is it not holding to the magnet?
If its the centering, then use the flat rubber cover on the inner magnet. If it's it sticking to the magnet you may have the magnet backwards. I cannot see the sticker on the outside magnet with the label. Is it facing outwards? If not then it should be, and the magnets are backwards.

Jcon82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will these link up with my SW-4 controllers. I’d like to be able to pause them all at once.

one of my 3 SW-4s recently died and the flow in my 40 breeder needs to be addressed. Thinking about getting the SLW-30.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will these link up with my SW-4 controllers. I’d like to be able to pause them all at once.

one of my 3 SW-4s recently died and the flow in my 40 breeder needs to be addressed. Thinking about getting the SLW-30.
Hard to say. easy way to solve this is either use a wifi smart plug bar. Or get the slw30m as it has wifi controls

craiginphoenix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
l love my Jebao Wavemaker but that app is sketchy. Like if you are a business professional (which a lot of us in the hobby are because it can be expensive) I would not be putting my Wifi password into that thing.

That is just me but ymmv.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
l love my Jebao Wavemaker but that app is sketchy. Like if you are a business professional (which a lot of us in the hobby are because it can be expensive) I would not be putting my Wifi password into that thing.

The newest versions of the pumps (E-series with the "m" postfix, i.e. ELW-10m) can be accessed via AP mode. As in, you can connect to and control the pump directly over wifi without connecting it to your home network.

Last edited:

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I run a secondary router for all my reef stuff. It has its own password. I think doing thos limits any threat you are concerned with.

It's the same for most of the door /security cameras,video games ect ect.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and honestly, unless some Chinese spy is sitting in your driveway (within wifi range), the wifi password is a pretty low risk anyway. ;)

Jcon82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, aside from my Ai primes I dont want any more apps to fiddle with.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, aside from my Ai primes I dont want any more apps to fiddle with.
Honestly I've not messed with the settings of anything on my reef in the 2.5 years the current one has been running. Same with the one that I had running prior to it. I'm oldskool so I don't see any benefit to playing with lights colors/intensity, pumps flow ect. I maxed all my powerheads out and put them I. Else mode. So much random /chaotic flow in there that there's no reason to play.

Vetekli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two SLW-20 in my 80 gallon/300 liter tank, its 120 cm or 4 feet long. I have one on each side but i feel like the flow is not strong enough even on 100%. Would the 30 be a big difference or should i look for another pump?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two SLW-20 in my 80 gallon/300 liter tank, its 120 cm or 4 feet long. I have one on each side but i feel like the flow is not strong enough even on 100%. Would the 30 be a big difference or should i look for another pump?
I'd look for a different pump. These have a wider spread, but great for long distance.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, "not great"

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outside of my love for Jebao bang for the buck, I'm a Tunze guy. I'd go with a Tunze Turbelle.

Vetekli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not add a couple SLWs on the back wall?
I wanted to (kind of) replicate currents like in nature, with laminar flow in one direction and then it changes to the other direction. The tank is newly set up so no corals yet, but i feel like the flow might not be enough when it reaches the other side. Planning to keep some easier SPS on the right and an anemone on the left.

IMG_2173.JPG

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two Jebao OW-25’s, there controller does the on off thing.

Turn them on setting 1 or 2

Then flows going to be easily, breaking the surface.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with uncle99 and also acros. Don't forget the random turbulent flow that passes over and through the corals on a reef vs the surface waves moving back and forth.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back