Jebao SLW Reviews?

JimmyV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Read through the thread from the beginning, good info. I have two gyre scp150's and on rw-15 on my 180. My rw15 is starting to get tired after 6 years so I've been looking at the slw and the mlw. My tank is a mixed reef which size and how many do you think I would need with Still using my scp150's.?

Attachments

• 20220116_143313.jpg
    20220116_143313.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 53

ronalsoddinho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ragazzi sono un neofita ma ho scoperto queste pompe che stanno bene, l'unico dubbio è la differenza tra il modello mlw 20 e il modello slw 20, perché ci sono due modelli? differenze a parte il colore delle lame, una blu e l'altra viola.. ma per il resto? Mi serve per un waterbox cube 20, mi consigliate 1 jebao slw o mlw "20"? per averlo potente e usarlo ad esempio al 60% per non usarlo al 100% come avrei dovuto fare con un modello 10 e poi consumare prima le lame, ha senso come argomento?

Translation:
guys i am a neophyte but i discovered these pumps that are fine, the only doubt is the difference between the mlw 20 model and the slw 20 model, why are there two models? differences apart from the color of the blades, one blue and the other purple .. but for the rest? I need for a waterbox cube 20, do you recommend 1 jebao slw or mlw "20"? to have it powerful and use it for example at 60% not to use it at 100% as I should have done with a model 10 and then wear out the blades first, does it make sense as an argument?

Last edited by a moderator:

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ragazzi sono un neofita ma ho scoperto queste pompe che stanno bene, l'unico dubbio è la differenza tra il modello mlw 20 e il modello slw 20, perché ci sono due modelli? differenze a parte il colore delle lame, una blu e l'altra viola.. ma per il resto? Mi serve per un waterbox cube 20, mi consigliate 1 jebao slw o mlw "20"? per averlo potente e usarlo ad esempio al 60% per non usarlo al 100% come avrei dovuto fare con un modello 10 e poi consumare prima le lame, ha senso come argomento?

Translation:
guys i am a neophyte but i discovered these pumps that are fine, the only doubt is the difference between the mlw 20 model and the slw 20 model, why are there two models? differences apart from the color of the blades, one blue and the other purple .. but for the rest? I need for a waterbox cube 20, do you recommend 1 jebao slw or mlw "20"? to have it powerful and use it for example at 60% not to use it at 100% as I should have done with a model 10 and then wear out the blades first, does it make sense as an argument?
If you do not fancy the built in display on the controller, go with the SLW-M pump and save some money. You will get WiFi control with out the physical display on the controller.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying out a couple of the SLW 30’s

Am I being an idiot (likely) - I cannot ge the magnets to stay in the m

Magnets aren’t oriented correctly. Probably a goof at the factory. Reverse the middle magnet in the rubber and then put the outside one on “backwards” and if that fixes it I think you can take the exterior one apart and reorient

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or if you bought two, maybe the are paired sets of magnets by accident and just need to swap the mounts.

Quality control… iffy. Pumps run well once sorted!

CJH - Jakarta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnets aren’t oriented correctly. Probably a goof at the factory. Reverse the middle magnet in the rubber and then put the outside one on “backwards” and if that fixes it I think you can take the exterior one apart and reorient
Yep, thank you - sorted it in the end, was driving me insane.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying out a couple of the SLW 30’s

Am I being an idiot (likely) - I cannot ge the magnets to stay in the middle?!!
75CA8D61-FF57-4106-A4A1-BC12B7B8D555.jpeg
All of mine have been like this lol I usually keep the magnet on the top side and use the little suction cup as a "saftey" in case the wavemaker somehow releases from the magnet. Hasn't happened yet though and I've had 4 of them going for over a year

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run both my AI Nero3 and MLW 10 on my AIO chamber so the magnets are always wet. No issues
How do you feel about this pump vs the nero3? I'm most interested in flow, and the volume of the pump when it is operating in a mode that changes speeds.

Brannersandmash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been running my slw-20 two of them for about 2 years. Still dead silent, only cleaned them twice a year
Are these on master slave what size tank and wer is position I've been running mine 6 month both set to min on a 170 red sea both position on back wall I'd like to learn how to master slave

CRath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a 20 and a 30. the 20 is a little underpowered for my 30 gallon reef and runs on max settings. the 30 is a bit overpowered and runs on minimum settings. My only complaint with the pump is that the magnet is a bit weak and has trouble on 1/4 inch glass.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these on master slave what size tank and wer is position I've been running mine 6 month both set to min on a 170 red sea both position on back wall I'd like to learn how to master slave
I used to run master lave, now I have them on else mode.

If memory serves its either the middle button or the right button. Hold it for a few seconds then a light will come on next to where it says master. The first one you do becomes master. Second the slave.

Screenshot_20220721-135912_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Brannersandmash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If memory serves its either the middle button or the right button. Hold it for a few seconds then a light will come on next to where it says master. The first one you do becomes master. Second the slave.

Yeah I had a quick look earlier currently in hospital waiting for my baby to arrive but will be having a look when I get chance do they automatically just pair then

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I had a quick look earlier currently in hospital waiting for my baby to arrive but will be having a look when I get chance do they automatically just pair then
Yes I suppose they do. I know only 2 can connect so if you had 3 only 2 are able to link.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back