Jebao SLW Reviews?

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reviews on these pumps? they're like the Nero 5 clone. I've been a Jebao owner for return pumps since I started in the hobby like 3 years ago and not a single issue. I'm tempted to give them a try in the wavemaker's role. Any reviews on the SLW series?

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 slw-20 in my IM 50g aio lagoon and they are good for nano tanks. They spread is very wide but it doesnt move much water at the end of my tank. My tank is 32" long and the 1st half of the tank it gets good flow but the 2nd half, the flow isnt powerful. Good for nano tanks but I wouldnt use them for anything longer than 32" tank. I have all sps in my tank though and I need more flow, if you have lps then its probably good enough.

OP
OP
G

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 slw-20 in my IM 50g aio lagoon and they are good for nano tanks. They spread is very wide but it doesnt move much water at the end of my tank. My tank is 32" long and the 1st half of the tank it gets good flow but the 2nd half, the flow isnt powerful. Good for nano tanks but I wouldnt use them for anything longer than 32" tank. I have all sps in my tank though and I need more flow, if you have lps then its probably good enough.

I was thinking of buying 2 slw 10 for a 24 x 18 x18 tank... Do you think that will be enough for SPS or I should go with two SLW20?

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're okay. Slw 20a for sure. The 10s are small and weak. They have good output but it's very scattered, so it's hard to gets and momentum in the water and they only help in small areas.

I'd say a few slw20s would be good.

I have a 40 breeder and 2 slw 10s are nothing. I'd need 8 to do anything worthwhile. I like the pumps and they're a great price, you need a bunch.

Cooper5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.57.18 PM.png

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant say i just receieved 2x SLW-30 today but with my monthly budget im looking at 3 months + till adding water :( ( my slw-30's are going in a 48 x 24 x 30 150 gallon with 2 sureflow modded maxi-jet 1200s on the back wall.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll let you know how they work on a 55g next week. I’ve used every pump out there aside from vortechs, so this will be interesting. I’m planning on running two of them plus a diy jebao-based wavebox. I have tons of unidirectional flow right now from a 3000gph rossmont and two sicce voyager 4s on a hydor wave controller to break up the flow a bit. They’re such hideous and bulky pumps though, lol.

Richard Hercher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to revive a dead (sleepy?) thread, but throwing my $0.02 in: I picked up a SLW-20, have been running it for about a month and am happy for what *I* want it.
I have a canister filter return line and a MaxiJet-style power head on one side of my 48" 75 Gallon, and had a Hydor 85 at the other end (Along with the canister intake line. Basically, I got the hydor because I was looking to get a little bit of cross flow to reduce dead zones. My wife saw the $40 pump in the tank and asked why that ugly thing was taking up so much room in her fish tank. (She has vortech tastes on a $30 budget)

So, I dropped $92 on the SLW-20 (I see now they are down to about $79) and was struck by two things: 1) SO much less space wasted in the tank 2) going up against that flow from the other side, I can watch the pump pushing water bubbles *almost* 2/3 across the tank. Seriously thinking about getting a second one for the other side; the controller manual says there is a mode where two will sync up and pulse in alternating wave modes.

OP
OP
G

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I was lucky but I got my SLW-20 for 56$ on eBay. I looked again and yep I don't find those prices again. The pump is great so far, I think it is the widest spread I've ever seen. I would recommend to anyone!

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run a slw 10 and slw 20 on my frag tank 24x15x8. The size of the 10 is smaller than my palm which is crazy but wish I went with 2 20's instead a tad bit bigger but moves a lot more water. They are dead silent and I can place them right in front of coral and not kill them at 100%. I bought a differnt jebo before and even running at 10% intensity with it pointed upwards the pump still blew skin off my corals. I am super happy with this purchase and would recommend it.The slw 20 I have is wifi controlable and that is a great perk.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been running an SLW20 in my 40breeder for a month now. It seems to push a lot of wide water flow. For the price, I think its a great option. The other plus side is if you upgrade to a larger tank it doesn't cost a lot to add more and the magnet is strong so I can see it easily holding on 12mm or thicker glass. I can hear mine running in the room but there is nothing else making noise in that room and even then its a very quiet hmm sound as it ramps around in speeds. IF someone was talking very low in the room probably wouldnt be able to hear it anymore.

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as soon as i manage to aquire a 8x8x4 marinepure block and dr tims one and only live nitrifying bacteria i will be able to actually fire my jebaos up ( albeit i have newer SLW-30 pumps and 4 of them at that in a 48 x 24 x 30 150 gallon :D )

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back