Jebao SLW Reviews?

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres a new version with both led display and wifi. Wire isnt super thin or thick i can take pics at lunch time
You have the new one? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it, including some screenshots of the programming/scheduling if you can post some. Do you have multiples in a tank? If so, how is the syncing between them?

CoralVision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Nero 5 and 2 ea. Of the jebao slw30's. Nero definitely pushes more water but wish the magnet was stronger. Jebao better for tanks 4' or 5' length. Just a little too weak for bigger tanks.

Jack2104

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to the newest version with flow rates
That looks like a good option, the wire size is what attracts me (weird I know) to the nero. Currently running the jebao rw-4 but the wire is very tight in the gap between the tank and the sump cover thing, which causes it to pop out.

If anyone gets the MLW would be interested to hear their thoughts.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nero wire is a lot smaller/thinner. The flow rate for the Nero 3 is 2000gph, the SLW-5 is 790gph. I really liked the SLW-5, but it's lack of control was a deal breaker.

That new MLW-5 has my interest. Thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of them, even with a lack of reviews and a brand new product.
I dont have the newest model that i linked above but ive got 2 slw20.
Now i do have 2 mcd10000 return pumps (2more on order) running on closed loop. They have the M wifi app capability. The app is pretty simple to load, use ect. Has a ton of options as far as programming goes.
These pumps are running on closed loop externally and at 60%;are cold to the touch.
Ill post a vid of the app tonight.
Ill be switching over to M versions of all the pumps and powerheads on this 1200gal build!

Jack2104

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the trigger and ordered the MLW-5 for my 20gal, probably be a while for delivery as seems to be coming from China.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still running 1x SLW10, 2x SLW20's, and 1x SLW30 in various tanks. Still a big fan. They are all 6 mo to 1 yr old and I've had no issues. I dont clean them very often, but it's super easy to do. My only complaint is the SLW30 was a bit louder than I thought it would be. The smaller ones are totally silent so I was a bit disappointed I could hear the slw30 operating. It's not bad, but not silent like the others.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still running 1x SLW10, 2x SLW20's, and 1x SLW30 in various tanks. Still a big fan. They are all 6 mo to 1 yr old and I've had no issues. I dont clean them very often, but it's super easy to do. My only complaint is the SLW30 was a bit louder than I thought it would be. The smaller ones are totally silent so I was a bit disappointed I could hear the slw30 operating. It's not bad, but not silent like the others.
Interesting. I had 1 make some noise after cleaning once. I took the cover off, pulled out the impeller, wiped out the hole and reassembled it. Silent since. May want to try that.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I had 1 make some noise after cleaning once. I took the cover off, pulled out the impeller, wiped out the hole and reassembled it. Silent since. May want to try that.
It's just the size of the pump as far as I can tell. I can hear the hum of the motor where I cannot with the smaller two models.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just the size of the pump as far as I can tell. I can hear the hum of the motor where I cannot with the smaller two models.
Possibly, is it only audible when on max? Or constant throughout the speeds?

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhh I was just about to order a few jebao pumps for my 4' peninsula build. I have a SLW-10 now and really like it but I was thinking of going with a gyre due to the wireless. With these new pumps though, I think these may be better for me.

For those of you with SLW-30, do you think I could run two on the end of a 4' tank without any other pumps on the far end?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhh I was just about to order a few jebao pumps for my 4' peninsula build. I have a SLW-10 now and really like it but I was thinking of going with a gyre due to the wireless. With these new pumps though, I think these may be better for me.

For those of you with SLW-30, do you think I could run two on the end of a 4' tank without any other pumps on the far end?
Fyi they have the gyres available in the M model too. (Wifi)
Heres a link to the largest they have, but if you search jebao scp m , the smaller versions come up on ebay too. They also have plastic rock covers for the slw and gyres.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I got the slw-20 for a waterbox 30.2, dimensions are 24x18x18, is the slw-20 the right model to go for or should I go with a smaller one? Also does anyone know the flow rate on the lowest settings all I can seem to find is the max not the minimum anywhere?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I got the slw-20 for a waterbox 30.2, dimensions are 24x18x18, is the slw-20 the right model to go for or should I go with a smaller one? Also does anyone know the flow rate on the lowest settings all I can seem to find is the max not the minimum anywhere?
2 things, 1 is you need to put the stocking plans info, and second i would put 2 slw20, either both on the back wall, or either side. Put them in master, drone mode so they work together to cause a back and forth current.
Just dial them down, probably to the 1-2 power output unless its sps.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 things, 1 is you need to put the stocking plans info, and second i would put 2 slw20, either both on the back wall, or either side. Put them in master, drone mode so they work together to cause a back and forth current.
Just dial them down, probably to the 1-2 power output unless its sps.
I do not plan to do much sps, I may just put one or to later on towards the top. I mainly am doing lps so if you want specifics torches,hammers,frogspawn,acans,zoas,mushrooms, trachys, scolys, and an anemone. It is an aio I don't know if the outside magnet is safe to be under water is it?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back