Jecod / Jabao DCP-6500 & 8000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Seabed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I asked this in the general equipment forum but someone said this would be a good place to ask too.

I have a Jecod / Jabao DCP-6500 hard plumbed into the aquarium. It’s started faulting so I am going to replace.
I would prefer to upgrade to the 8000 model for a bit more flow but don’t want to mess with the hard plumbing, does anyone know if the thread size on the pump exits are the same on both of these models.

thanks

scottedontknow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a DCP 6500 running my return and a 10000 running my skimmer currently. im 99.9% sure the threads are the same on both pumps. ill double check when i get home but i dont think it will be an issue

OP
OP
S

Seabed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a DCP 6500 running my return and a 10000 running my skimmer currently. im 99.9% sure the threads are the same on both pumps. ill double check when i get home but i dont think it will be an issue
Thank you very much

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much

We don't stock the smaller DCP pumps, but the DCA9,000 is larger than the 6,000, but similar to the 12,000 in size. I am unsure the exact thread sizes, I took measurements a while back but am unable to find my notes on that.

scottedontknow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't stock the smaller DCP pumps, but the DCA9,000 is larger than the 6,000, but similar to the 12,000 in size. I am unsure the exact thread sizes, I took measurements a while back but am unable to find my notes on that.
image.jpg

exact same.

OP
OP
S

Seabed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try cleaning your old pump before replacing?
I do clean the pump regularly and I’ve disassembled and reassembled a few times to ensure it’s together properly.
the fault is error4 and it has happened twice over the last 2 months.

I have come home to the pump being shut down and needed turning off and back on again to restart.

I have also noticed that occasionally the tank flushes through the overflow like the speed has momentarily stuttered.

I really wish there was a way to plumb 2 return pumps through a single return (reefer 350) to give some redundancy has it makes me nervous now.

DancingWind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a o ring around the pumps holder? Funnily yesterday just had the something simmilar. Last week I cleaned it for the first time and yesterday my pump got stuck ... not sure why or on what. Upon disassembly seemed clean but my current hypothesis is o-ring slipped forward and pushed impellers forward bearing holding plate and jammed the impeller. If this thing repeats I'll try removing the o-ring

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 44 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back