Jellyfish ID help

Joseph3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2021
Messages
37
Reaction score
30
Location
San Francisco
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Has anybody seen this species of jellyfish before? I’ve been doing a sort of unintentional ecosphere experiment and these things just appeared. There’s probably a couple hundred of them resting on the sand. They seem to jump around randomly. 360AD26A-390F-4796-A6AC-8134511C1BF4.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    2 MB
Possibly Cladonema californicum - a hydromedusa rather than a true jellyfish.
Thanks! I think you’re right. I live in Southern California so I guess that makes sense. I wonder how it got on my rocks.
 
No value to you whatsoever but I caught a batch of free-swimming stage of some type of hydrozoa that I found interesting in chaeto/pod QT a while back:

 
Did they die?
No value to you whatsoever but I caught a batch of free-swimming stage of some type of hydrozoa that I found interesting in chaeto/pod QT a while back:

Anyone knwo species?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new