Jen's Jbj 12 nano cube build

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna need some help with this one. So a long time ago (maybe something like 8 years) I bought a cheap 12 gallon jbj nano cube off of someone. Once upon a time it was set up and running and had a gbta in it with a pair of true percs and your usual cuc. Then one day a few years later I moved and had to shut it down and sold everything (minus the tank and rock/sand) to someone and loaned the tank to my cousin. So fast forward to now and I have this tank back in my possession with some dead sand and rock in it that I want to set up and change over into from my 5 gallon. This cube tho does not have the pump it once came with and is pretty bare. What is the process in which I would need to go through to clean this thing out and get it set up? I've never used dead rock before. But I was playing with them after soaking them and came up with a pretty decent scape. I would love everyone's feedback on what process to follow and what kind of pump I should get to replace the old one. Thanks! [emoji5]

c7262a816fb760ad362534c910cb54a0.jpg

mibwb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump size that comes with them is 106 GPH. Your stack looks good, just make sure they're stuck together good.

OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump size that comes with them is 106 GPH. Your stack looks good, just make sure they're stuck together good.
Thanks, I'll have to pass by my LFS tomorrow and see what they have. As for the rock, I'm going to be adding the ones from my main tank so I'll have to play around with the scape a little bit before I transfer my cuc and corals.

mibwb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the pump, take measurements of where it's going...so you don't buy one too big to fit...I've bought too big before, I measure now.

OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how I should use the 4 chambers in the back for filtration? I plan on putting some rubble rock in at least one of them and maybe some filter Floss and some carbon in another but does anyone have suggestions on what works best for them?

OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have it all set up now (minus lights since I don't need that yet). Not happy with my pump though as it's making a ton of noise so I may take it back for a different one. I did a quick set up of the rocks for now as I'm going to take some sand and rock from my 5 gallon to help seed it. And also frustrated as I'm seeing nitrates already in the tank. Hopefully it won't be another battle in this one like it is in my 5 gallon once it's gone through its cycle. *fingers crossed*

541d473d94e28c841290c454836eac5b.jpg

798e54f03948ca0f4006c430633724da.jpg

7c6a1590cb137a1a32b230390ba51ff3.jpg

OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ef19316e156d1c1ae2f12c762b042f14.jpg

Started my fish less cycle today and added some sand from the main tank and used water from it as well as I had to do a water change anyway. I wanted to use a piece of the rock from the main as well but realized id have to take apart my scape to get to a usable piece so I opted for the sand instead. I've come to realize there's already a lot of nitrates in the tank from not curing the rock (stupid me) *face palm* so I'm wondering how this cycle is going to turn out. Also ordered a bridgelux 45w par38 bulb to hang over the tank once I've got the top taken off, it should arrive early next month.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 44 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 48 48.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 7.1%

Back