- using included pump
Kraken Reef Lid
Kraken Reef Filter Cup
Live Sand
Live Rock
PVC Pipe
SICCE Voyager Nano stream pump
10w Heater
Light is some freshwater light as I have no coral. Plan on upgrading this soon as I do want to get coral.

Livestock:

Wennerae Mantis Shrimp (named Floyd)
Damsel (not named)

I do not do water changes and just top off. I do all top offs by hand.

Tank Pics:

image0.jpeg

Mantis Pics/Videos:

Damsel Pics:

image0 (1).jpeg

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice! Good luck on your adventure!!!

OP
OP
RedfishReefer

RedfishReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan of mantis tanks. What kind of coral are you planning for eventually?
Lots have actually changed with this tank since this post! I have since got a new stand and moved it into my living room! I also am now thinking of getting rid of the mantis shrimp. LOL, I know my account is named after one! I have had him since September and used to have clownfish and actually have gotten two clownfish since. I have heard of people successfully having them with the smaller mantis and so far nothing bad has happened. The mantis has given them some looks and the first day was a little aggressive towards them especially during feeding. But has since been passive and kept his distance. (I rehomed the damsel by giving them to my LFS in case you were wondering what happened with the damsel). I want to keep my clownfish over the mantis as they are more active and can be seen at all times. I am worried about future aggression becoming a problem as well as I want to add a clean-up crew and not have as messy eatings so I can dabble into higher-level corals and maybe when my tank is ready to try my hand at a BTA. I want to try SPS also but we will see because I don't really wanna do both. I would give the mantis to my LFS.

But to answer your question:

I want to get hammers or maybe an elegant showpiece. I currently have a Duncan, a big Kenya tree, and a favia. They are all healthy and look great! I bought a RedSea ReefLed 50, and put it on the competitor's tank (Waterbox) haha, and I love it so far. The stand doesn't fit my tank so I had to add some extra material between it and my tank to be able to latch on properly lol but it is wonderful. I also hear it is better at growing SPS than the AI Prime (which I used to have) so that might come in handy when I want to try SPS.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots have actually changed with this tank since this post! I have since got a new stand and moved it into my living room! I also am now thinking of getting rid of the mantis shrimp. LOL, I know my account is named after one! I have had him since September and used to have clownfish and actually have gotten two clownfish since. I have heard of people successfully having them with the smaller mantis and so far nothing bad has happened. The mantis has given them some looks and the first day was a little aggressive towards them especially during feeding. But has since been passive and kept his distance. (I rehomed the damsel by giving them to my LFS in case you were wondering what happened with the damsel). I want to keep my clownfish over the mantis as they are more active and can be seen at all times. I am worried about future aggression becoming a problem as well as I want to add a clean-up crew and not have as messy eatings so I can dabble into higher-level corals and maybe when my tank is ready to try my hand at a BTA. I want to try SPS also but we will see because I don't really wanna do both. I would give the mantis to my LFS.

But to answer your question:

I want to get hammers or maybe an elegant showpiece. I currently have a Duncan, a big Kenya tree, and a favia. They are all healthy and look great! I bought a RedSea ReefLed 50, and put it on the competitor's tank (Waterbox) haha, and I love it so far. The stand doesn't fit my tank so I had to add some extra material between it and my tank to be able to latch on properly lol but it is wonderful. I also hear it is better at growing SPS than the AI Prime (which I used to have) so that might come in handy when I want to try SPS.
I'm a big fan of the reef LED. I have them over my anenome tank and main 180 display. They will do anything you want and more.

OP
OP
RedfishReefer

RedfishReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big fan of the reef LED. I have them over my anenome tank and main 180 display. They will do anything you want and more.
Good to hear! I wanted the kessil a160 but having to get that light and then also a controller to get full use out of it, I just couldn't justify that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.0%
Back