Jimmeh Lee's Fusion 20 AIO adventure.

Jimmeh lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, first post on this forum! this thread will be a journal of my current nano reef, an Innovative Marine Fusion 20. It was an upgrade from a Fusion 10 I had running for nearly a year.
This post is going to be a bit of word vomit and picture dumping, apologies!
Anyways,
New tank, new thread, new problems.
huh.png

Let's start with a hardware list!
Lighting
-2 Kessil a160we Tuna Blue
-Spectral controller
Filtration
-Stock pump
-2 intank baskets
-IM Desktop Ghost Skimmer
-IM Desktop Media Reactor
-BRS Biopellets
Heat
-75 Cobalt Neotherm
Flow
-MP10 quiet drive

Livestock
Fish

-Pair of Ocellaris Clowns, "The Tweetles" Dee and Dum
-Tailspot Blenny, Lenny
Inverts
-
Stomatella Snails
-Micro brittle stars
-Limpet
-Chiton
Corals
-Zoas
-Acans
-Duncans
-Euphylia
-Maxi-Mini Carpet 'Nem

So, I started up the tank last Saturday, the transfer actually went pretty smoothly. Then I noticed a "scratch" on the front panel that I panicked and convinced myself might be a crack. I took a razor to it and it's gone now, so the whole deal was a non-issue haha. Then Lenny spent the night in the return pump chamber. He's back in his hidey-hole now, after some aggravated fishing. The tank turns into micro bubble city every time I put my hands in, but other then that, it's going smoothly now.
Here's those pictures!

First FTS
u5CY1kN.jpg

Reefgen 'Mother of Glory' Acans
It was really fun getting them off that silly plug
s1040l3.jpg

Bought as 'Lord of the Rings'
v3VBD0J.jpg

Lenny saying hey
iD6HuI3.jpg

Blue Duncans
sMNKWGU.jpg

Blue tip torch and splatter hammer
HZvA979.jpg

Sunny Ds, Yodas, Utters
aQDJVKP.jpg

Maxi-Mini Carpet 'Nem
ODsCsAl.jpg

No name zoas, any ideas?
wwYcj0U.jpg

Bonus! I picked up this baby trachy/wellso for a steal while I was out yesterday. It's a little under the size of a half dollar. The picture didn't pick up its reds/oranges very well.
J7mfAtA.jpg

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, really nice tank, I have the jbj 30 with one kessil 160, probably should have sent it back and got the 360 but too late now:rolleyes: do you think I could get away with a 150 sky blue or go ahead and get another 160? Thanks:)

OP
OP
J

Jimmeh lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you already have the 150 I think you could get away with it just fine. If it were me, I'd get a second 160, but only so that I could control both of their spectrums, intensities, and ramp ups/downs.

OP
OP
J

Jimmeh lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 'nem is back..Not exactly where I wanted it, but still not a terrible spot.
FHQLLOV.jpg

That little brain has opened up more, and is a total pig
62TPBZ8.jpg

Speaking of pigs...
X8mHRL1.jpg

Everything's going well, the only issue I'm having is with ongoing microbubbles from the ghost skimmer. It wasn't producing many if any before the move. Yesterday I cleaned the pump and ran it in vinegar, cleaned the air valve. Still producing a ton of bubbles. I'm going to let it go a few days to see if hopefully it just needs to break back in. I might try turning it around in the chamber after that. Or figuring out a way to put a sponge on the return pump.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

OP
OP
J

Jimmeh lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate it! I'm really happy with how everything turned out with this tank so far. The wait for the April MTRC expo/swap is killing me haha. Planning on getting a lot of coral there to fill it up.
I stopped at my lfs today and got a Sicce 1.0 to replace the stock return pump. It's a little bit stronger, but I mostly bought it because the stock pump was stupid loud and I couldn't get it to shut up.
I also brought home a yellow watchman goby, I'm hoping round two with a goby goes better. I've had one of these before in the past and it was a good experience.

Here he is! I'm not naming him for a week. lol
1rfDaOW.jpg

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 33.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back