Joann's 60g cube...a work in slow progress

Finally got a pic of my 60g cube with new light, pic not that good, don't know how to take good pictures.
20151030_202500.jpg
20151030_202514.jpg
20151030_202518.jpg
 
Just saw this thread. Count me in as a member of the 60 cube club. Tagging along. Looking real good btw
 
Thanks, so far so good. Have only got it up to 75% at the highest setting during the day. Hope to get better pic during the day.
 
Just picked these up on ebay from Reef Raft USA for $9.99 a piece. The shipping is killer but I think that's a pretty good price for the corals.

1447892404376.jpg
 
I decided I needed more bottom space so I did some rearranging during my water change today. I took out the little rock "island" I had sitting off to the left and moved the two ricordea that were on it to the mouth of the cave. I popped them off their plugs and was relieved to find that was much easier than I thought it would be. I think they look much better without those ugly plugs. I'm hoping they'll spread all over that section. I also moved the alveopora up front to be more of a show piece. They were all angry and shrunk up for a little while but opened back up quickly and seem to be content now. Eventually I want to get a sun coral and I'm thinking I'll put it just to the left or right of the pass through. I'm also thinking maybe I'd like to get a toadstool to put in that area. But only if I can find a colorful one. I want a lot of color and movement in the tank.

1447967917596.jpg


1447967930605.jpg


1447967943791.jpg
 
Awesome cube bud, question, what size drain and return u use for plumbing? I want to build my 60 cube also but not sure if 1" drains on a bean animal is too small, I want to have a quiet system. Thank u
 
Awesome cube bud, question, what size drain and return u use for plumbing? I want to build my 60 cube also but not sure if 1" drains on a bean animal is too small, I want to have a quiet system. Thank u
I using from dusro style return and not have a problem so so far it's very silent system.[emoji4] my drain is 1 inch.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new