Joes Golden Dragon tissue loss

  • Thread starter Thread starter tidefanjam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tidefanjam

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2016
Messages
466
Reaction score
329
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this frag about a month ago along with a Milli and a birthday cake acro, my tanks been up 20 months and these are my first 3 acros and they are doing well with good pe along with coloring back up well, the Golden Dragon took the longest but has colored up well except for one stem which has been losing flesh, it’s been the same for a while and doesn’t appear to be spreading, what could this be? Should it get better on its own?
Nitrate 4
Phos 0
Temp 77.4
Calcium 420
Mag 1320
Salinity 1.025
Ph 7.9
Alk 8.3

C2F775F3-DB5F-41E3-9019-DBE2A950569C.jpeg


763BE920-45A7-4770-8456-A9C73DD75BFC.jpeg
 
Balance out phosphate. What par is it at?
 
Balance out phosphate. What par is it at?
I’m not sure about the par, don’t have a meter, I have it in a partly shaded area on the edge of the rockwork, my understanding is that it’s a deep water coral, I do need to get my phosphate up, I’m currently treating with Fluconazole for bryopsis, but the tissue loss was there before I started.

91875F7E-82DB-42EE-8775-7036391FC81D.jpeg
 
Get phos up which will stop the loss to .08 ish. Par to establish base. Send me a PM, I have a potion for no3 and po4 for you. I'll get you right.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new