Joe's SPS collection

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The classic SC orange passion
I have really struggled with this one in the past but this frag is doing really well.
BB763A13-F8B5-475F-9196-FA58A498A8B3.jpeg
Looks very healthy Joe! I’ll take that branch on the right :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I need to replace mine too...

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every tank is different but I don’t find that amino acids or the coral vitalizer cause my nitrates or phosphates to be a problem. They are the only coral foods I feed. I think a lot of the phosphate in my system comes from fish food
Ab+ makes my phosphates go up. When i bottom out at times or get too low i hit tank with a shot of ab+ to increase a bit

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ab+ makes my phosphates go up. When i bottom out at times or get too low i hit tank with a shot of ab+ to increase a bit
I have never used ab+. When my phosphates are low I dose phyto, that seems to boost it some. And I dose stump remover for nitrate because it is generally low in all my tanks if I dont

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used ab+. When my phosphates are low I dose phyto, that seems to boost it some. And I dose stump remover for nitrate because it is generally low in all my tanks if I dont
My tank usually sits at 15-28 ppm and .03-.5 ppm higher nitrates after like 3 weeks of no wc

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
my nitrates hover around 2.5 ppm and phosphates are all over the place in my different tanks, in two of them I have to run GFO to control it and the others it never gets very high at all

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my nitrates hover around 2.5 ppm and phosphates are all over the place in my different tanks, in two of them I have to run GFO to control it and the others it never gets very high at all
Exactly how i run my phosphates with gfo. I wish there was a way to get nitrates to drop without issues. I tried carbon pellets got no results. Tried carbon dosing best i got was slower nitrates going up. Now that tanks hit a year I'm glad i don't have to do WC every week faithfully i can wait a bit longer

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking pieces you have! I am Local to you, would love to get a piece of that orangesicle.

corey

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Will you have a table at the Lear swap next month Joe? That Blue Spath I got off you Saturday looks killer under the radium 20k.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Will you have a table at the Lear swap next month Joe? That Blue Spath I got off you Saturday looks killer under the radium 20k.
Yep, i will have a hobbiest table. That's great! I just know i like it better under full spectrum lighting than all blue. If you care about the names and you didn't already pick it up from me or else where, that one is Raising Reefs Blue flame. I assume you will be at LEAR as well? I didn't get a chance to wonder around much Saturday until late in the swap.

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yep, i will have a hobbiest table. That's great! I just know i like it better under full spectrum lighting than all blue. If you care about the names and you didn't already pick it up from me or else where, that one is Raising Reefs Blue flame. I assume you will be at LEAR as well? I didn't get a chance to wonder around much Saturday until late in the swap.
Sweet ill stop by like always to grab a few off you. Ill just be doing presale zoas but no table.

Any chance you still have the GB full spectrum growing?

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sweet ill stop by like always to grab a few off you. Ill just be doing presale zoas but no table.
Any chance you still have the GB full spectrum growing?
I do, but it took a hit when my power was out for 4 days, and I’m not sure if I will be able to get a frag off of it. It mostly has just encrusted over the dead parts, not sure if there are any decent branches, but I will take a look.

this is my colony of the blue flame under blues of course because the whites haven’t come up yet.
B7767CCF-FFA0-4D72-AA24-3DB944ECDE7D.jpeg
F0B9681F-B32A-49C0-AF4D-D958143F16E5.jpeg

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Got a nice colony growing there. Blue corals are hard to take photos of me regardless of what light they are under

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back