Joe's SPS collection

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wanted to share some of my SPS and start a thread. Still learning the Reef2Reef forum, i have been a member for a while but not very active. and still learning how to take good pics so bear with me....
hwgo.jpg

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to share some of my SPS and start a thread. Still learning the Reef2Reef forum, i have been a member for a while but not very active. and still learning how to take good pics so bear with me....
hwgo.jpg
Joe your SPS looks amazing. Any special tips or recommendations?

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Joe your SPS looks amazing. Any special tips or recommendations?
Thanks, I don’t think I do anything really out of the ordinary. Good lighting and flow. Try to maintain some nitrate and phosphate with out letting them get too high. And I use some of the KZ products amino acid, flatworm stop, coral booster, and coral vitalizer, I think they help.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Do you always plant a backup?
D
Not always but I like to, you never know with acros, it’s saved my butt a few times having a back up. Especially with my favorites or really expensive ones. Some are just frags I cut with the intention of trading or selling that I didn’t let go. I also do it because I like cutting frags and selling, trading, frag swaps and all that but I don’t like cutting up my display colonies too much, but if I have a backup or grow out I can hack it up with no regrets

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I don’t think I do anything really out of the ordinary. Good lighting and flow. Try to maintain some nitrate and phosphate with out letting them get too high. And I use some of the KZ products amino acid, flatworm stop, coral booster, and coral vitalizer, I think they help.
Thanks for your SPS tips. Went out and purchased them at BRS and will be trying them shortly.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for your SPS tips. Went out and purchased them at BRS and will be trying them shortly.
Also, i wouldn't call it a tip, and i wouldn't necessarily recommend it, its just how i do things... my systems probably run a little "dirty" i don't really do much of any filtration, filter socks only when i have stirred stuff up, and most of the time i don't have a protein skimmer running.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, i wouldn't call it a tip, and i wouldn't necessarily recommend it, its just how i do things... my systems probably run a little "dirty" i don't really do much of any filtration, filter socks only when i have stirred stuff up, and most of the time i don't have a protein skimmer running.
You are very modest! I think your SPS's speak for themselves! You must be doing something right to have such phenomenal success.

Really appreciate your sharing your reefing experience and knowledge!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back