OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Murderbug has holed himself up inside one of the coral skeletons that make up his abode.
He went to town on the last little crabby I gave him the other day, and has been quiet since then. I see his little eyeballs poke out when I go to say hi, but stays tucked away. I have a feeling he's about to molt, so im excited to see him all shiny and fresh when he re-emerges.

Happy Congrats GIF by pikaole

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad your son‘s ok. Looks like I have to trap and rehome a murderbug that came in with a Gulf Live Rock shipment. Little bugger waited almost 3 days before popping out. So far no mystery disappearances but the thing is pretty small right now. I’ve pretty much decided I’m going to take my Jawfish “Joe Burrows” and my nameless Hectors Goby out and put it in the nano. Ironically there may be a murderbug in there already, though I haven’t seen a possible glimpse for some time.

shrimpnreefdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's awesome! What an awesome personality. I also believe that animals call out to us. He definitely did and you answered the call.

Thanks for sharing the link with me. I definitely feel more compelled to get a setup just for mine with a smaller footprint. Right now, I might see mine once a year at this rate! All he does is hide! Lol

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am pleased to announce that my mantis (Wennerae) will be arriving next week! I would also like you to know, in advance of its arrival, that I am shamelessly stealing the name "Murderbug". :cool:

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not at all, they're buds.
Lilith likes to check out all his tunnels and is super nosey about what he does.
There are several crabs - hermits & a small emerald, and a few snails in there too, and he leaves them alone, plus a middle neck clam
He loves krill and octopus.
Coral will eventually go in, I'm growing some out in the other tanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back