Joined the alpha club again

kirkleigh84

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
304
Reaction score
0
Location
Vidalia Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I came across a great deal on an alpha 250 and couldnt pass it up. Im in the club again.

skimmer205008.jpg


skimmer205006.jpg


skimmer205005.jpg
 
I'm a paying member as well : ). I went all in with the 300, the Avast Swabbie, and the Davy Jones Skimmate locker. I am a happy member...
 
Love the Swabbie - great product! Avast does a phenomenal job with these. And the skimmate locker (also from Avast) decreases my skimmer maintenance by at least 50-60%. I empty the locker once per week (or 10 days). And the Swabbie keeps the head clean for 2 weeks at a time. I used to have to clean the skimmer head at least once per week (if not more) to keep it running at peak efficiency. These were 2 fairly inexpensive upgrades to the skimmer and 2 of the best purchases I have made for my system.
 
lol...they are definitely worth it. I have my Swabbie and locker hooked up to my Apex. When the locker fills up, it cuts off the skimmer and sends me a text to empty the locker. I also have it so my Swabbie is on for 60 second intervals - 8 times per day. Of course, you can also hook the Swabbie up to a simple timer to accomplish the same thing. You won't regret the purchases.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new