Joining RASOC

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are a lot of reefers in the greater Charlotte area who would like a dedicated group to chat, trade and hang out with. If that's you, then RASOC (Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte) is for you! We try to meet at least once a month and do things around the community, such as sponsor a reef tank at the Ronald McDonald House. When you become an official member you get access to some amazing raffles, discounts at local supporting LFS (with membership card), free food at socials ;Happy, access to the buying and selling forum on the club website, a R2R private forum and a nifty RASOC member badge here on R2R.

If this sounds like something you want to do, contact our member coordinator, @blackbeltmom, or as I like to think of her, the lady who makes it all come together!

Dues for 2020 are $15 and more than compensate for the discounts you get at the many partner locations in the area.

#RASOC

1575663206067.png

Last edited:

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you've convinced me that I should join! The only problem would be the 500+ miles to travel to the meetings! But, if the food is really that good....

Good luck! Hopefully you get an increase in membership. Sounds like a great club and very active! Our local club is also active and a good time!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you've convinced me that I should join! The only problem would be the 500+ miles to travel to the meetings! But, if the food is really that good....

Good luck! Hopefully you get an increase in membership. Sounds like a great club and very active! Our local club is also active and a good time!

That made me laugh. I’d love some ideas that your club does to keep people active. Any advice?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That made me laugh. I’d love some ideas that your club does to keep people active. Any advice?
We have our annual Dirty Fraggin Santa event today... basically a Dirty Santa where you can steal others gifts which happen to be frags that we bring. We have an annual Frag Swap with vendors and then usually another one with only members. Wer are active monthly with either a meeting or sometimes a group trip somewhere... this year we went to Sustainable Aquatics, Glass Cages, and the Georgia Aquarium.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I get my "RASOC Member" badge here?
If you click on your account picture on the top right hand side of the page then click Join User Group, then scroll down until you find Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte (Local Club) and then click Join. It will ask you to enter why you want to join, and all we ask is that you put in your real name so that we can make sure you are a paid member.

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for joining #RASOC @Badilac

Hopefully you'll be able to join our next club meeting/garage sale so that you can meet the rest of the club. Also, if you have any reefing equipment you want to get rid of, bring it on over.

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for joining #RASOC @Badilac

Hopefully you'll be able to join our next club meeting/garage sale so that you can meet the rest of the club. Also, if you have any reefing equipment you want to get rid of, bring it on over.
Thanks! When’s the next meeting as I’d love to attend. Also is there a list somewhere showing the LFS that offer discounts?

jasper45bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are a lot of reefers in the greater Charlotte area who would like a dedicated group to chat, trade and hang out with. If that's you, then RASOC (Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte) is for you! We try to meet at least once a month and do things around the community, such as sponsor a reef tank at the Ronald McDonald House. When you become an official member you get access to some amazing raffles, discounts at local supporting LFS (with membership card), free food at socials ;Happy, access to the buying and selling forum on the club website, a R2R private forum and a nifty RASOC member badge here on R2R.

If this sounds like something you want to do, contact our member coordinator, @blackbeltmom, or as I like to think of her, the lady who makes it all come together!

Dues for 2020 are $15 and more than compensate for the discounts you get at the many partner locations in the area.

#RASOC

1575663206067.png
I am a member.

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! When’s the next meeting as I’d love to attend. Also is there a list somewhere showing the LFS that offer discounts?
Next meeting is February 15 from 2pm-4pm at the Ronald McDonald house is Charlotte. There is a sticky post in the public, and private group page I posted earlier today, that has the directions, and also some items that will be at the meeting. We are having a Swap Shop/Garage Sale.

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a list of our Sponsors for 2019 as we are still finishing up our 2020 list.

Nemo's Reef - 311 Unionville - Indian Trail Rd W, Indian Trail, NC 28079
Adavanced Aquatic Pets - 509 Woodlawn Ave, Belmont, NC 28012
Upscale Aquatics - North, 110 Statesville Rd, Huntersville, NC 28078
Lotus Reef - 136 Stutts Rd #4, Mooresville, NC 28117
Aquatica - 122 Trade Ct suite a, Mooresville, NC 28117
Joe Knows Reefs - 2060 Northbrook Blvd, Suite 103 North Charleston, SC 29406

Other Club Sponsors

LRS Foods - LRS Foods
Industrial Test Systems, Inc. - sensafe.com

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a list of our Sponsors for 2019 as we are still finishing up our 2020 list.

Nemo's Reef - 311 Unionville - Indian Trail Rd W, Indian Trail, NC 28079
Adavanced Aquatic Pets - 509 Woodlawn Ave, Belmont, NC 28012
Upscale Aquatics - North, 110 Statesville Rd, Huntersville, NC 28078
Lotus Reef - 136 Stutts Rd #4, Mooresville, NC 28117
Aquatica - 122 Trade Ct suite a, Mooresville, NC 28117
Joe Knows Reefs - 2060 Northbrook Blvd, Suite 103 North Charleston, SC 29406

Other Club Sponsors

LRS Foods - LRS Foods
Industrial Test Systems, Inc. - sensafe.com
Nice list! I shop at several of those of course.

ScubaJan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just exploring this site. I’ve had my 90 gallon aquarium for 28 years but I’ve learned a lot just looking at some of the aquariums here. I live in Boone. I do have corals to sell or trade.

Ed olson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just exploring this site. I’ve had my 90 gallon aquarium for 28 years but I’ve learned a lot just looking at some of the aquariums here. I live in Boone. I do have corals to sell or trade.
We have members all in and around the Charlotte area. Check out the Facebook page.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back