Jono's 220 Gallon Upgrade

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its weird with camera's, they seem to pick up the blues heaps more than eyes.

When you look at a tank normally they dont look blue at all - its just the lens on the phone camera, if i use a filter its a lot better.

My son has a DSLR that looks way better (just a lot more work to get the photos on-line)!
It’s probably the white balance setting the phone is using. Some third party camera apps allow you the change the white balance along with other setting and make it more like a dslr.

OP
OP
JonoH

JonoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few updates from the last couple of weeks.
The Turbo Snails have been spawning - not there are literally hundreds of little snails cruising around the rocks (its funny as i have never bought Turbo Snails, just inherited them on some live rock).
2024-03-03 19.52.30.jpg
2024-03-03 19.52.16.jpg

Image below of them spawning - you could see them spraying and everything!
2024-03-03 19.51.43.jpg

My eldest 3d printed a little hat for the Urchin in the tank (Urchan has been a bit of a menace lately stealing coral frags!)
2024-02-28 15.41.44.jpg

I added in a frag of Strawberry Shortcake Acro

2024-03-03 19.53.06.jpg

My Pink Birdsnest is growing really well, however its looking a little white, so maybe i have the lights too bright? Weird as its sitting in around 300 PAR from memory.
2024-03-03 19.52.56.jpg

Probably hard to tell - i need to stop taking pics at night when the blues are a lot higher!

Finally - it begins.... My RBA has split, i reckon my Urchan was hanging around near it, which may have triggered it. At the moment its on a rock fairly isolated from the coral, but if it starts moving around then i will take one out. I have this Nem for over a year now and this is the first time it has split, so i dont mind if its only once a year.

2024-03-03 19.55.09.jpg

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the nems and yours look great. Miss having them for their colour and vibrancy but absolutely hated how they moved around the tank destroying anything getting in their way.

OP
OP
JonoH

JonoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the nems and yours look great. Miss having them for their colour and vibrancy but absolutely hated how they moved around the tank destroying anything getting in their way.
Yeah, these will be evicted pretty quick if they start doing that!
Thankfully staying in their zone at the moment!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back