Joost's 80G Azoox Build

Sorry for the lack of updates. My retarded neighbor flooded the house so there was mold everywhere, we were forced to moved out and live in a hotel. I moved all my corals etc. to a friends house were it currently is still at. Moved to a new apartment last weekend. Everything survived but with midterms it wasn't fun.
I'll clean the tank etc and get the plumbing done again this week.
 
dude, good start!

I'm totally tagging along.

Re: filtration, why are you deciding to use the dosing pump method over the syringe pump method?

I been looking into both and leaning towards syringe pump b/c it so pump and play.
 
The syringe will have to be refilled every day, with a dosing pump in a fridge that becomes every 1-2 months... The dosing pump does come at a higher price but you could get one under 300 if you look around. There are a lot of mini fridges on CL for under $100.

Bad news, I broke the fridge :(. I'll have to be more careful next time...
Oh well, my vortech won't be here till January so I won't be able to keep any corals other then azoox LPS till then anyways.
 
I just like to mention that tomorrow an awesome azoox site will launch called azoox.org. If you're into azoox corals be sure to check it out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new