joporeefpro's 1000 gallon TWV build

Some more recent shots since the trident got things in balance

EC2686DE-1FD5-4B12-9855-435961AFFEAB.jpeg 53E085DA-DEF7-4C19-8854-AC3CCE0A4C08.jpeg
 
I had the opportunity to see the tank recently, forum pics just can't do this tank justice. The height makes for somewhat more difficult maintenance but I agree with jo, it's worth it. Corals look super healthy, nice fish room, well done!
 
UPDATE PLEASE ;):cool::)
 
Hello all! Struggling a bit. The shark as I knew would happen didn't last hours in our tank and sadly perished, this is why I wanted nothing to do with sharks as previously stated. But my friend needed it re homed, and sadly I failed to do that properly. Additionally I have been having issues with some coral die off, Largely the tank looks great, I am trying to stabilize putting my calcium reactor back online, and a chromium trace element that I cant seem to find the cause of. That being said the tank is generally very good. Been some changes. Will post some photos when I take some. I do not work from home so unfortunately the COVID crap has made it more difficult for me to spend the time I want to on my tank, and I am just so exhausted from it that I haven't been paying that much attention. Regardless Updated photos will come soon! hope everyone is well!~
 
Did you ever locate where the trace chromium was coming from? Also love your heat exchanger idea. I think I might have to follow suit and replace my heaters with something like this. Sounds like it worked out pretty good for you saving money too!
 
Welp, I have never been any good at forums as you can see here! Ha. little update because I have a minute. Tank is doing well despite triton telling me otherwise... Learning to take some of these icps with a grain of salt. Biggest thing is that I finally broke down and bought a ABYZZ and let me tell you. I wish i hadnt waited. you can see my review of the pump https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/a400-3m-dc-controllable-pump-abyzz.html it is amazing! I need say no more. here is a couple shots. other than that my recent discovery of TSM aquatics pre conditioned fish and they are great!
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_IMG_2144.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2144.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 146
  • thumbnail_IMG_1570.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1570.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 162
  • thumbnail_IMG_1496.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1496.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 162

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new