Jordan rid ich plus

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody had an experience with this product? I just setup a qt and need to get my fish out to treat for ich. I have a mild case and want to start tomorrow. I only have kordon rid ich plus. I will use 3/4 of the dose.
has anyone used this product?

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking to eliminate saltwater ich, I'm fairly certain the Kordon product you speak of doesnt contain Copper or chloroquine phosphate (CP). In other words, it's a "natural remedy" and it's going to be junk and will not resolve your problem.

Use Copper Power (chelated copper) or Cupramine (ionic copper) for chemical based elimination of saltwater ich.

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking to eliminate saltwater ich, I'm fairly certain the Kordon product you speak of doesnt contain Copper or chloroquine phosphate (CP). In other words, it's a "natural remedy" and it's going to be junk and will not resolve your problem.

Use Copper Power (chelated copper) or Cupramine (ionic copper) for chemical based elimination of saltwater ich.
It is not kick ich or whatever, this is a medic that will kill inverts and coral, I believe it contains formal... something. It is made up of two different types of medications.

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper is unavailable to me for probably another week, and the ich is getting worst, has anyone had any success with this?

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order Copper and do it quickly, don't waste your time on this non‐copper or CP based medication.

There are three known solutions to eliminate ich, that's tank transfer method, using copper or CP.
Ordering copper. Do I also need a copper test kit?

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just ordered cupramine and its supposed to arrive Thursday, could someone explain to me the process of using it on a 9-gallon qt tank?

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reduce stress and provide vitamin enriched foods.

Safely transfer the fish to QT, making sure the temperature matches the tank they are coming from.

What fish are showing symptoms?
Two clowns have some white spots which are getting worst on them firefish not showing signs yet.

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After further inspection, the ich is worst than I thought and the firefish also has it. They still ate good though. Mysis soaked in selcon with some pellets. Amazon says the copper will arrive Thursday, should i add the fish to the qt tomorrow? and should I do a freshwater dip if it gets a lot worst tomorrow or Thursday if i haven't started treatment?

nukemdanno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get the fish into the QT start treatment when you get the copper. A fresh water dip may not be worth the stress to the fish as the ich is under the scales and is protected by the fish and will not come off the fish. Then while treating do water changes in your display tank to help remove the parasites out of the water column. I've done 20%ish every other day for a couple weeks. Also Reef Medic by Polyp Labs can be used in your display as well.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing water changes in your display is not an effective method of parasite removal. A fallow period of 76 days, this means going fishless, is the way to go. Ideally, keep your qt tank more than 10 feet away to avoid possible airborne transmission.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back