JSBull's Dual Reefer Set-up

Well, it's been over 6 months since I posted. Here are a couple of pics of the tank now.

File_001.jpeg

File_002.jpeg

File_003.jpeg

File_004.jpeg

File_002.jpeg

File_001.jpeg



Up next: fish profiles and my battle with bryopsis...
 
Last edited:
I beat the bryopsis relatively easily. I used Flunco to do so. Fluconazol was very effective. I did two doses based on the instructions in the mass thread here on R2R. On the second dose, it did tick off my cyphastrea and caused some of it to recede. I came out mostly unscathed. Note that it didn't help with my hair algae issue in my display refugium.

I've recently decided to move over to Triton method. I already had 2 DOS units, so it wasn't as big of an investment as it might be for others.

Last night, I set up the dosing at 11.5ml per Core7 Base Element per day. I also divided a portion of my sump with a temporary divider and added a Kessil H380 and some Chaeto. Then removed my filter socks. Yay!

Here are some pics:
6A4E3746-A7CD-4062-ADF8-D2F769E55B54.jpeg

221E4187-C9A5-4084-BC77-A68A199DC33E.jpeg

2E037752-3076-4632-8B8E-6D3ED8DAA52F.jpeg

B45A633C-D2DF-4F63-915F-E4D2F382A126.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new