JT's Dual 90 bowfront Build...

Trimblelake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up from local LFS this week. Currently working on getting the plumbing, sump and lighting set up. Plan to transfer livestock from 40b this weekend.

tank.PNG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's pretty cool! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

OP
OP
Trimblelake

Trimblelake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty cool! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

I'm pretty excited about the possibilities. I have a rough plan outlined, I'm going to slowly complete it. Here's what the final plan should look like. I plan to scrap the plastic and wrap it in wood.
tank design.gif

OP
OP
Trimblelake

Trimblelake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last three days have been trying to decide how i was going to suspend the leds above the bottom tank "Reef". I bought some angle iron and cut it to fit inbetween the square tubing running the length of the tank, i planned on screwing corner braces to the square tubing and the angle iron, but I was not satisfied with how it turned out. So back to the drawing board i went. The solution was so simple, the lights are about 6" off the water surface and are moveable i wrapped the support cable around the square tubing and hooked it back on the clip. Once i mount the top tank "Preadator" they will be difficult to remove if ever needed, but doable.

Got the BRS ro/di unit delivered today, stopped by petco and picked up a 40lb bucket of instant ocean reef crystals for $50(fyi the local store will price match online sites) 20lb bag of CaribSea arag-alive live sand for $10 and a large bottle of seachem prime.

When i got home i went ahead and filled it up with the garden hose just to test the plumbing. All checked out fine. Ive got to work on the sump, it came with an acrylic sump seperated for the top and bottom tanks. Im going to cut the divder and add buble traps on either side, combining the two and creating 3 chambers. The drain lines will filter through filter floss and then overflow into the second chamber which will be the "Fuge" then on into the return section.

I have a 40b set up now it has the livestock i decided to keep when i downsized from the 160 gal tank, im plannnig on moving everythng over to the new tank this week end. This will be the third time i have moved from a smaller tank to a bigger tank, no issues other than the expected algae outbreak.

light leds.JPG

lights suspended.JPG

ro unit.JPG

water test.JPG

40b.JPG

OP
OP
Trimblelake

Trimblelake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a long weekend, but i got everything transferred over and setup in the 90. It will be a lil while before i start on the top tank...
IMG_0193.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back