Jumping into saltwater!

Caleb060196

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My name is Caleb. Over the last few years I have been debating to jump into my first reef tank. I have had a few friends show me their setup and also watched my dad create his first tank. That being said I now have a decent job with better income I've decided to jump head first into the hobby and purchased my first parts las week. I purchased the apex pro system, neptune Sky Led x2, and Ai Nerob7 x2.

I'm looking at purchasing the neptune COR 20 or the vectra M2 but not sure which pump would be more reliable. I'm also planning on adding a Nyos 220 for the protein skimmer. Are they reliable or would you recommend a reef octopus? I also have my eyes on the neptune trident to make water readings easier. Lastly I'm looking at the wayerbox infinia reef 190.5 to be my tank. Do you all have any suggestions?

Any help would be very appreciated! Thank you!

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My name is Caleb. Over the last few years I have been debating to jump into my first reef tank. I have had a few friends show me their setup and also watched my dad create his first tank. That being said I now have a decent job with better income I've decided to jump head first into the hobby and purchased my first parts las week. I purchased the apex pro system, neptune Sky Led x2, and Ai Nerob7 x2.

I'm looking at purchasing the neptune COR 20 or the vectra M2 but not sure which pump would be more reliable. I'm also planning on adding a Nyos 220 for the protein skimmer. Are they reliable or would you recommend a reef octopus? I also have my eyes on the neptune trident to make water readings easier. Lastly I'm looking at the wayerbox infinia reef 190.5 to be my tank. Do you all have any suggestions?

Any help would be very appreciated! Thank you!
Welcome to the hobby! And welcome to Reef2Reef!

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
images.jpeg

AustinBabler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef! When I was new and setting up a tank I went with life rock from caribsea. I wish I would have listened to the more old school crowd and gotten at least 1/3rd of my rock as live rock from a LFS or a company that cures rock in the ocean. Dealing with a few pest organisms is far superior to then dealing with the ugly stages for whole first year IMO.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back