Jumping out of my skin...

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My birthday is sunday... I come home... and this happens... pardon the language... i am beyond myself right now...

Name this coral:

Now tell me why it's so special.
#luckiestreeferintheworld
#she really loves me
#omgomgomg

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna be reading dendro care threads for days. Someone please give me advice and help me give this colony the best home possible.

Omgomgomg

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna be reading dendro care threads for days. Someone please give me advice and help me give this colony the best home possible.

Omgomgomg
Nice bday gift, one of my favorite corals. They are actually super easy if you just dedicate a few mins a week to them. I took a single fat head and turned it into a colony of 35+ heads in 2 years by spot feeding it mysis and reef roids 2 to 3 times a week. Your colony is already open during the day which is half the battle. I had to start feedings at night then slowly move them till it would stay open during the day. Be careful if you go on vacation for more than a week bc they'll start to close up from not being fed. Also be mindful of hermits, starfish and shrimp bc they may steal the food right from them. I would also relocate the colony to a semi shaded area with moderate flow off the sand bed to make it more difficult for other creatures to steal its food and easier for the dendro to grab any food suspended in the water column. The more you feed the faster they will grow.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice bday gift, one of my favorite corals. They are actually super easy if you just dedicate a few mins a week to them. I took a single fat head and turned it into a colony of 35+ heads in 2 years by spot feeding it mysis and reef roids 2 to 3 times a week. Your colony is already open during the day which is half the battle. I had to start feedings at night then slowly move them till it would stay open during the day. Be careful if you go on vacation for more than a week bc they'll start to close up from not being fed. Also be mindful of hermits, starfish and shrimp bc they may steal the food right from them. I would also relocate the colony to a semi shaded area with moderate flow off the sand bed to make it more difficult for other creatures to steal its food and easier for the dendro to grab any food suspended in the water column. The more you feed the faster they will grow.

Ok thanks. I just broadcasted Reed roids before bed. It is already in a low light medium flow area and my girl said she dripped it for 45 mins and 20 mins after she put it in it opened to what u see in the video.

After I broadcasted roids it was feeding immediately. Opening and closing polyps. I have brine shrimp... will that do for now? My livestock is too small to manage mysis... so I have brine on tap. I also use aquavitro prime for the aminos and fatty acids.

I still cant believe it. Stoaked

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. I just broadcasted Reed roids before bed. It is already in a low light medium flow area and my girl said she dripped it for 45 mins and 20 mins after she put it in it opened to what u see in the video.

After I broadcasted roids it was feeding immediately. Opening and closing polyps. I have brine shrimp... will that do for now? My livestock is too small to manage mysis... so I have brine on tap. I also use aquavitro prime for the aminos and fatty acids.

I still cant believe it. Stoaked
Anything that is meaty and on the smaller side will do. You'd be surprised at how large the pieces of food the dendro can consume. Soaking it in selcon or another supplement is always a good idea, especially with frozen brine. Hikiari mysis is on the smaller side, PE mysis is the larger one.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check with my lfs, and see what looks like itll work... need to get some forceps too.. been meaning to for my BTA and now I really have a reason to. :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back