Just a curious question...O2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Trae
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Trae

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Location
Spring, Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 72 BF with seven smaller fish an one hermit crab. My stepson accidentally cut the power to the whole tank this morning before school. The tank had no water flow for almost ten hours. The fish seem fine. How long do you think they would have lasted?
 
To tough to answer, being as you have a big tank, and only 7 small fish, I'd say you were ok. Some have gone 24hrs without problems. Every tank is going to be different. I think you would have had more problems if your temps would have fallen more than they did.
 
Yeah, a wide range of factors there. But isn't the water flow from the sump putting O2 back into the tank?
 
Not if your electricity is out, nothing is really happening, pumps aren't working. How would the water get to the DT from the Sump?
 
I experienced without flow in my tank for almost two days, the fish were okay, but lossed a lot of corals in less than 24 hrs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new