Just bought a 280

90greefman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very excited as I just bought a 280g tank. It is used but in great condition. I believe it was built by AGE. It is 72"x30"x26" starfire glass with a pvc bottom. Has a bean animal external overflow built in the back. Came with a 125g tank too for a sump. I can build it to my liking to as it is just the tank. It will be a long slow build build as I want to do it right. I already know I want a steel stand and I have someone to build that. My next big thing is getting a good skimmer. Any recommendations on a tank this size. It will be mostly sps and lps but not to heavily stocked. As far as fish I am thinking mostly tangs and a few other small ones. Thanks in advance. No pics yet as I pick it up next week. Also how do I change my name to 280greefman?

OP
OP

90greefman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found an asm g4 skimmer(rated for 350g) for cheap locally and also a bullet 3(rated for 400g). Either of these big enough or should the skimmer be bigger?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.8%
Back