Just bought a 280

90greefman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
256
Reaction score
4
Location
Firestone, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very excited as I just bought a 280g tank. It is used but in great condition. I believe it was built by AGE. It is 72"x30"x26" starfire glass with a pvc bottom. Has a bean animal external overflow built in the back. Came with a 125g tank too for a sump. I can build it to my liking to as it is just the tank. It will be a long slow build build as I want to do it right. I already know I want a steel stand and I have someone to build that. My next big thing is getting a good skimmer. Any recommendations on a tank this size. It will be mostly sps and lps but not to heavily stocked. As far as fish I am thinking mostly tangs and a few other small ones. Thanks in advance. No pics yet as I pick it up next week. Also how do I change my name to 280greefman?
 
I found an asm g4 skimmer(rated for 350g) for cheap locally and also a bullet 3(rated for 400g). Either of these big enough or should the skimmer be bigger?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new